Windows Phone 7 to Hit Verizon During Holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
And like every Windows phone before it, it will be a miserable failure. Nobody is going to buy this crap. Sorry Microsoft, stick to the desktop, you fail hard at mobile devices.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]And like every Windows phone before it, it will be a miserable failure. Nobody is going to buy this crap. Sorry Microsoft, stick to the desktop, you fail hard at mobile devices.[/citation]
Actually the past versions of Windows Mobile were good for the time they were launched. The problem was that Microsoft rested on it's laurels much like nokia did, At the time Microsoft and Nokia dominated on it's respective markets and now are loosing market share every passing day for that mistake. Or have you forgotten that Microsoft first smartphone OS was launched in 2001, 6 years before apple.

G

Here are the Isheep, bashing on MS...So, be happy with your Iphone and travel the road less travel with your Idevices...I for one will get a WP7 as soon as freaking Verizon get them and if not, I am moving to AT&T where, the humanity, I will glance to some of you in the AT&T side of the wood.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Actually the past versions of Windows Mobile were good for the time they were launched. The problem was that Microsoft rested on it's laurels much like nokia did, At the time Microsoft and Nokia dominated on it's respective markets and now are loosing market share every passing day for that mistake. Or have you forgotten that Microsoft first smartphone OS was launched in 2001, 6 years before apple.[/citation]
No, actually, they were not good. They were quite horrible as a matter of fact. I was working at Compaq Computers in 2003, remember them? (or are you too young to remember?) They gave me a shiny new Compaq iPaq phone. It ran Windows Mobile 2003. It was one of the first PDA / Phone devices on the market. It sucked royal ass. Most of my co-workers at the time agreed. Nothing worked right in Windows Mobile, it crashed and locked up ALL the time. Sorry, Microsoft has an abysmal track record when it comes to Mobile devices. Yes they've been making them for many years - and nobody buys them.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
hmmm, the phone nobody wants, on a network most people can't afford. sounds like a great deal!!! actually the touch pro 7 would be nice,other than that I dunno......

G

The WP7 is one of the best phones out there, give it a try before commenting. It is a worthy contender and will be playing good with both iPhone and Android in terms of market share. Only ignorant fools will claim it as DOA, I am using it and the UI and overall experience is better than anything out there. In terms of marketshare, lets wait for the official sales numbers, no point in listening the fanbois

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I'm giving WP7 a year to be refined and for vendors to get some better hardware into them. Then i'll consider WP7 alongside Android for a purchase. Until then, my sights are set on a Desire HD.

G

I've gone to a Microsoft Windows Phone 7 event and from what I can see they have put a lot of good thought into what they've done. I think it is a compelling option for both consumer and business use. Now it's just a matter of whether third party developers will build out apps for both consumer and enterprise.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
To all the folks who bash windows phones, I still use my HTC touch pro- and would be quite happy with it if it was just a little faster. never have had any issues with it in 2+ years, does everything I need it to. plus, as a long time windows and smartphone user, I know where everything is and how to use it. no, it is not as flashy and the wow factor is not there by comparision, but i really do not find much I dont have on the newer devices except speed.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]No, actually, they were not good. They were quite horrible as a matter of fact. I was working at Compaq Computers in 2003, remember them? (or are you too young to remember?) They gave me a shiny new Compaq iPaq phone. It ran Windows Mobile 2003. It was one of the first PDA / Phone devices on the market. It sucked royal ass. Most of my co-workers at the time agreed. Nothing worked right in Windows Mobile, it crashed and locked up ALL the time. Sorry, Microsoft has an abysmal track record when it comes to Mobile devices. Yes they've been making them for many years - and nobody buys them.[/citation]
Well that explains it, you had an iPaq.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]No, actually, they were not good. They were quite horrible as a matter of fact. I was working at Compaq Computers in 2003, remember them? (or are you too young to remember?) They gave me a shiny new Compaq iPaq phone. It ran Windows Mobile 2003. It was one of the first PDA / Phone devices on the market. It sucked royal ass. Most of my co-workers at the time agreed. Nothing worked right in Windows Mobile, it crashed and locked up ALL the time. Sorry, Microsoft has an abysmal track record when it comes to Mobile devices. Yes they've been making them for many years - and nobody buys them.[/citation]
I used Windows Mobile 2001 and even though it's horrible compared to phones nowadays what did you have better at that time?

brettms71

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I have used windows CE and now have a windows 7 phone. I have to say the windows phone 7 is such a nice interface, and am really enjoying using it for the last month. I think it's great to have more competition. Will drive more innovation and cheaper prices. WP7 already seem a really mature product. The only issue i have had is i i am downloading to many apps at a time over my wireless and then try and o something else, i can't get back to the app's to see the prgoress until after they have all installed. i guess i just need to learn to be more patient.

G

This has since been contradicted on Twitter by Verizon. Looks like it'll be 2011 after all. Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.