Windows Phone Expected to Surpass iPhone By 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I would immediately fire any analyst, who thinks he can predict mobile OS market share down to a tenth of a percent 4 years in the future.

oj88

Honorable
May 23, 2012
"IDC believes that Android will peak this year and decline from now on."

I believe that Android phone will surpass Windows Phone, simply because phone makers and users don't want to pay hefty license fee to Microsoft.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Whichever ananalyst made this claim clearly hasn't used a Windows Phone and compared it to say Android or iOS. Nor have they used Windows 8. -_-

Hspito

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Its not clarified in the story but since the only person in the world expecting this is Steve Ballmer I guess he works for the IDC too.

G

You know we can pull numbers out of the air just as easily as IDC did. On what basis did they come to these conclusions? So, Microsoft is going to regain 15% in 3 years without any competitive phones today? Microsoft lost all its loyal customers with their off, then on again development roadmap. Anyone remember Windows 6.5 being delayed for 8mo, and then no certainty that Win7 was ever going to happen. Oh yeah, I am sure 10% of the Android consumers are going to suddenly throw their phones in the fire to to go back 6 years for a Microsoft POS.

G

So according to them Blackberry will only lose 0.1% in the next 4 years? Oookay.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]rgjhawkins[/nom]People Laughed when the iphone came out and it was predicted to overtake Blackberry.I'm just saying[/citation]

These people were Microsoft PRs. I guess?

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
According to this article: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/android-ios-iphone-market-share-windows-phone,news-15351.html, Android has a 59% market share. Combined with iPhone, Google and Apple have 82%. If a substantionally more expensive, less functional web-page of an OS manages to overtake Android (or iOS, which I'm not fond of), I would loose all faith in humanity and probably kill myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.