Windows Phone Replaces BlackBerry as 3rd Place Mobile OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwcalla

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
"But we won't tell you any actual numbers or methodology unless you sign up for our service." Yeah, no thanks.

mydrrin

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Saw that coming with Android's share getting eaten. Should go on for a few quarters as things shake out with the newcomers Windows and a resurgent BB.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Android did not lose market share when you look at the global picture according to all other analytic firms. This makes me wonder who own's this particular firm...

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
[citation][nom]Shin-san[/nom]I'm interested to see how the new BlackBerry does. I'm not buying a device or anything; I'm very curious.[/citation]

If the price is right and the marketing good then maybe. But its a big maybe. Most BB owners have fled to the Android/iOS bandwagon. This includes corporate.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
BB will get a few nostalgia buys, but once they realize it is Android in disguise they will just go back to Android.

Personally love my Lumia 920, but even buying it a few months after launch it was difficult to find even a simple black one. I really wonder how many would-be WP8 buyers were simply turned away at the door, and so they ended up with Android or iPhone. Nokia makes some great phones, but unless they can get volume out there then they are still a bit doomed. WP8 is a great platform, with a good app selection that is growing quickly, and I don't regret my purchase. The only thing that will keep me from getting a WP device in 2 years when my contract is up is if they have Wallet working yet. It is a great idea, and very secure implementation, but if it never gets off the ground then I will gladly sell my soul to whoever lets me get rid of my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.