The last week I have Installed Bitdefender internet Security 2019...
the anti-virus program asked me to disable permanently Windows auto updates...
I removed WindowsUpdate keys from Registry Editor and now I want Windows Updates to work again I tried enabling it from cmd but the "wuauserv" is missing from the computer
what can i do to enable it again pls help!
The system should have prompted you to make a backup of the registry before doing this. If it did, and you followed the instructions, there should be a backup you can use to restore registry.
If not, try the following...
1. Go to "Start" and then in the search box enter "regedit" (without the quotes).
2. Click "regedit" in the list that shows (it may be the only one that shows).
3. Locate the following (again without the quotes)...
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | WindowsUpdate"
4. Once you are there, then click "Auto Update."
5. Next Right-click "NoAutoUpdate" in the right pane, then select "Modify" menu.
6. Here you want to change the shown value to "0" and then click "OK". This should re-enable Windows Update.
7. And finally, restart the computer.
NOTE: If "NoAutoUpdate" is not shown in the list of values, the click "Edit". Next go to "New" and then select "DWORD (32-bit) Value." Now name the value "NoAutoUpdate" (without the quotes) and then follow the instructions in Steps 4, 5 and 6.