Windows wont recognise my laptop as an Asus Laptop. HELPPPPPP!

riky108

Estimable
Aug 3, 2015
So basically i did a clean installation of windows 10.
Now for some absurd reason the system wont recognize the laptop as an Asus laptop therefore preventing me from installing essential drivers/software/programs needed for it to function normally.

Any advice, please help!

Many Thanks

Model is an ASUS K53SV

Rik

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

was this the free upgrade version of Win 10 you used or a OEM or retail purchase?

did you run upgrade before the clean install in order to get a Win 10 licence key?

what errors are the Asus drivers giving when you try to install them?
are they Windows 8 or 10 drivers?

regards
Mike Barnes

riky108

Estimable
Aug 3, 2015

This is what i sent to the ASUS customer support.

I did a clean installation of windows 10. Reason being my windows 8 got stuck in the reboot loop after windows updates kept failing to configure. I tired all/most possible measures to fix this problem but there was no solution to it apart from installing a clean windows operating system. Luckily i'd backed up my files so i haven't lost that.
Now there is a major problem. For some absurd reason windows 10 doesn't recognize the laptop as an Asus laptop. I have attached a screencapture of the system properties where it shows the system not recognizing it as an Asus computer. Some of the hardware is not recognized eg the Nvidia Graphics card, RAM, processor etc etc. Which will be a major problem. Furthermore due to this problem i cannot install essential software/drivers as when i try to, an error message appears stating "software is only compatible with an asus notebook".

The system is fully activated and running smoothly. I am not able to install most drivers as they can only be installed to an "asus notebook" but my system doesn't recognise it as an "asus notebook" hence there lies the problem.

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

This is strange as usually programs look at data embedded on motherboard or in BIOS chip to determine it is a Asus motherboard

CPU_Z would show you motherboard make & model

You may have to do a fresh install of Win 8
Install drivers
(then upgrade to 8.1)
then upgrade to Win 10

Do you have a Asus Win 8 recovery disk set? (DVD's or USB)
or a recovery partition?

regards
Mike Barnes