Solved! Windows XP

jocol2

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
I recently burned files on to disks, first a CD-R, then a DVD-R, then a DVD-RW, although all were perfect in my desktop where I originally burned them, I could not view any of them in my lap top which is running Windows XP Pro, they all looked like they were written in Chinese mixed in with a lot of 00000>00000< etc. Is my problem in the discs, or the lap top?

Solution
Easy way then is to download OO and use that. In the future you can save the files as .txt or .rtf and have them viewable on either. I think OO might even allow you to save as .doc now.

jocol2

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011

AntiZig, thanks for your response, the lap top is older and is running windows xp pro, the desktop is running vista pro, but I do believe I found the problem, the files were created on my desk top using open office org 3.3 which is not available on the lap top, originally I thought they could be read on works, but evidently not. Thanks again for your time sir.

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Easy way then is to download OO and use that. In the future you can save the files as .txt or .rtf and have them viewable on either. I think OO might even allow you to save as .doc now.

Solution

jocol2

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011

Thanks 4745454b I think downloading OO to my lap top is probably my best option. Thanks to all.