Windows7 Installation Problem in laptop

rmondlee

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
Hi there, Im installing Windows 7 on my acer E14 laptop. Then on the Disk 0 Partition step, it has 5 options, 2 Reserved, System and the Primary. But in this step, i cant proceed because the Next button s disabled to all options. Dont know what to do. Cant use my laptop because no OS. Hope you help me. Thanks a lot

Solution
yes you can add more memory but because you are using 32bit windows, you cannot access more then 3.5gigis of ram. 64bit windows can access I think into the terrabytes of ram.

rmondlee

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
"retail version of windows 7 dvd?"
I dont know bro because I use my friend's flash drive that has Windows7 32bit. I bravely install it on my laptop since it works on my pc. But not the same Disk 0 Partition

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013
Well, you're installing Win7 32-bit on something that's 64-bit. I won't be shocked.
Delete all partitions on disk, then let the installer run its course with the disk. And also, beware that there's a "PQSSERVICE" partition if you see 5. You may still be able to boot into a D2D recovery and reinstall the original OS.

ffg7

Splendid
boot off your flash drive, select custom install not upgrade. once all partitions are seen then delete each 1. make new partition & windows might make it's own of maybe 100meg. format that big partition not the 100meg & continue installing windows.

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013
Ah... I remember now.
Turn off UEFI. And also, when partitioning, press Ctrl+Shift+F10. Type diskpart, then select disk [whichever has the largest storage space], then clean disk, then convert mbr. After that, close the window and continue installing.

And you may want to consider using Acer's recovery manager to restore Windows 8 if you want that.