wire two 2 ohm dual coil subs and two dual coil 4 ohm subs to my jbl 6600 marine amo

Erick_3

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Im trying to run 2 dual coil 2 ohm 10 inch kicker comp with 2 four ohm 12 inch q power to my jbl 6600 marine amp

Erick_3

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016

Erick_3

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Okay how do I do that not using all the corals that is right now I have it both sets of woofers wired in series parallel 2. 4 ohm q Power 12 inch woofers and to 2 ohm Kicker Comp CVR tens I'm pretty sure the tens are running running at 2 ohms being wired in series parallel but it also says one in bridge mode is in mono

The dual voice coil woofers are designed to combine left and right into mono bass (or two lower power amp channels into one without bridging the amp). If you don't need to do that then connecting only one pair of inputs is fine.
If you bridge an amp into mono you get an overall increase in power but the minimum stable impedance doubles so it may not be any gain in power at all if you have to raise the total impedance the amp sees.

You can't do that, amp will overheat.
Need to use separate amp for subs....need subs that are 4 ohm each, or greater.

There is no amp that is really designed to run a 2 ohm load, it will run too hot dude.

TRENDING THREADS