Username123456789

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Ok so recently I've been having issues with some headsets that I recently purchased. I first bought the Razer Thresher Ultimate Edition, and the highs in the headset I find didn't sound right. The only way I can describe how they sounded was "tinny". So I thought it was the headset itself, and I sent it back and got the Steelseries Siberia 800 thinking that my problem would've been solved with a new headset, but I'm still having the same issue that I was having with the Razer Thresher Ultimate Edition. Now I'm not sure if the sound is suppose to sound this way and I just need to get use to it, or if its because the headsets are wireless and since I live in an apartment, all the routers and other possible interfering devices are causing the sound to sound that way. So does anyone have an explanation or have any experience with this issue?

Lutfij

Splendid
1| Make sure you're on the latest BIOS revision for your motherboard.
2| Since you're on the USB headset, you should get into BIOS and disable your onboard audio chip.
3| You might want to make sure all connections are snug and proper on the trasmitter/base station of the headset.

Username123456789

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

I've made sure my BIOS is upgraded to the latest version, and I've already disabled the onboard audio, and I have the transmitter hooked up to an external Sewell Pro Sound Box, and I've tested the sound box with my old Astro a40s and I wasn't getting the tinny highs like I am with the Razer Thresher and Steelseries Siberia.

Username123456789

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Alright so after a few months of using the headset, I've came to the conclusion that I just had to get use to the sound of actual good headphones. I no longer hear the "tinny" noise that I was hearing back when I first started using the headset, and I've also found that sounds in games, music, and etc. sound a lot more clear and true to life sounding. My advice to anyone that might be having the same issue that I was having is to use the headset for at least 4 months to see if you get use to the sound of the headphones.