Solution
"Smart" TV usually implies that (amongst other things) a WiFi adapter is built in, but confirm by reading the manual just to be sure. I'd be surprised if it wasn't so.

One sure-fire way to find out is to go in to the TV's WiFi setup menu and look for "scan for available networks" or similar wording. That proves it has built-in WiFi.
Which model Samsung?

Do you have the User Guide/Manual?

If the TV has built in wireless then no you should not need a "second" wireless adapter.

If the TV has a USB port and is designed to and allow you to install and configure a wireless USB adapter then maybe so.

The TV would receive a DHCP IP address and appear on the network just as any other wireless device. You would need to use the TV's menus, if any, to configure the TV accordingly.

The User Guide/Manual should provide the necessary details if a wireless network/internet connection is possible.

"Smart" TV usually implies that (amongst other things) a WiFi adapter is built in, but confirm by reading the manual just to be sure. I'd be surprised if it wasn't so.

One sure-fire way to find out is to go in to the TV's WiFi setup menu and look for "scan for available networks" or similar wording. That proves it has built-in WiFi.

Solution

bfunke

Estimable
May 3, 2015
Older Samsung TVs required a wireless adaptor. The Samsung adaptors were very pricey. I found the Roswell FNX-X1 worked with my TV. My new Samsung has wifi built in.