Woman Addicted to Online Game Neglects Children and Leaves Bodies of Starved Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Let her two dogs starve to death sounds about fair for her punishment

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
There are very few things that really piss me off, but when I hear about children and animals suffering from the neglect of an individual....just makes my blood boil.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
She only got 6 months? Seriously!

How disgusting! I don't know what’s worse; a parent who neglects her three children and lets the family dogs die or a legal system that only gives this person 6 months. Psychological assistance is required!

Facebook is a virus….

G

The picture accompanying the article is actually from the board game Small World. I didn't think there was an online version of that game. Sure it's not actually www.smallworlds.com?

G

The board game "Small World" from Days of Wonder (that you used to illustrate your article) has nothing to do with the smallworld.com online game that the woman played with. Please correct your article and read the statement from Days of Wonder:

http://blog.daysofwonder.com/2010/09/13/dow-responds-to-outrageous-uk-press-stories/

G

She obviously was depressed because her husband passed away. She could not deal with it so she escaped in the alternative reality where he did not have to deal with the pain.

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
I can't help but think of the fat chick from The Guild when I read this. Except the person in this story is a truly sick SOB and needs to be removed from the rest of society. Poor kids and poor animals.

YeZ

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
Yikes!!! Depression and Addiction is always an appetite for destruction...

She should be brought to a rehab after her jail time and get help...

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Its a terrible tragedy and she should be punished, but there needs to be a lot better mental health help in the United States to avoid people getting to this crazy addicted point.

A spiraling depression can really get out of hand. Given ease and instant access of any internet game... things that suck you in, sometimes crafted to suck you in.

Its a conundrum. How do you balance personal freedoms not to be tracked with parental responsibilities, with others rights to enjoy things responsibly and play fun engrossing games that for some are fine, but others with addictive personalities can't handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.