Woman Fights Insurance Over Benefits, Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
There is so much wrong about this my eyeballs just fell out of their sockets. Using this logic if someone is deemed a danger to society for anger issues and are submitted to a medical institution. If they start showing improvement they should be immediately released just so some corporate scumbag can save a few bucks?

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
"I can't work today because I'm sad."

Sounds like it should go on a t-shirt. I'd put it right up there with the "Daddy drinks because I cry" shirt for toddlers.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
While what the insurance company may not be right (needing the medical recommendation), she still seems like she's faking to some degree to get the benefits. Not saying that's actually what it is, just what it seems like.

nonxcarbonx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Why does she even have insurance? She should have her government health care.

I'm not making some political statement, but doesn't everyone have guaranteed gov care in Canada, so who cares?

justiceguy216

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
If you have the energy to go to a bar and party, then you have the energy to go to work. I don't think she should have had her benefits terminated immediately, but she should have been brought back for a re-evaluation. Keep in mind that her sick pay was coming from somewhere, and it wasn't the pockets of the corporate guys, it was probably from other insurance customers or tax-payers.

christop

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
For people who don't understand depression try to read info before you run your mouth about something you have no idea about. Not everyone grew up with a perfect family and all. Just cause this lady was smiling in a picture doesn't mean the next day she wasn't thinking about killing herself. I believe she pays taxes like the rest of us so what make her not worth the help? People need to understand mental illness a little bit better. Try to have some compassion something that is very rare today...

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I agree with christop. I think people just try to be as retarded as possible when they post comments. What the insurance company did was pretty ridiculous. "There are pictures of you smiling on your birthday... you must not be depressed... all of your benefits are now terminated!" I hope she sues the shit out of them.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
What a horseshit excuse - I'm depressed so I can't work. Get off your fat ass and get a job like the rest of us! I swear, western civilization is outrageous, converting us all into a bunch of ^ussies.

I can't work cause I'm sad. I'm too stupid to save for a rainy day so the gov't needs to bail me out and cover me health care. My a ss hurts so I need aspirin. If these people were alive 300 years ago, the pilgrims would have tossed their lazy hides off the boat on the way to the new world.

As for you Maxor, are you on the dole too?

G

The picture only shows her facial expression for 1/200th of a second or so and in no way can be used as evidence that her depression is cured. How many times have you simply smiled to make the fool with the camera go away? Who wants their 'friends' to see a picture of themselves looking like a sad sack? Most insurance companies are simply amoral but some are simply evil. I hope her payout puts a real smile on her face that lasts!

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
People like these are why insurance rates are sky high, not because insurance companies are evil fat cats.

And the rest of us who dutifully pay our premiums and never use it are the ones who'll be covering them. And soon, we'll have NATIONAL subsidized coverage, subsidized by working fools like us.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
markdeno,

Great, here we go again with some liberal horsecrap about evil corporations. Why don't you learn to read a financial statement? Feel free to pick any insurance company and have a look - they're public records on the SEC's EDGAR website.

Why don't you check out the net operating income of these firms and their dividends to their shareholders before you run your mouth? Seems to me that after paying expenses like rent, employees salaries, etc., the revenue they get from premiums and investment income barely eeks out a minimal return for shareholders. Where exactly is this massive gigantic gouging of the consumer? You think that if one insurance company outrageously overcharges, another would not happily lower prices and take over their customers? Think Mcfly think.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
[citation][nom]JWL3[/nom]markdeno,Great, here we go again with some liberal horsecrap about evil corporations. Why don't you learn to read a financial statement? Feel free to pick any insurance company and have a look - they're public records on the SEC's EDGAR website. Why don't you check out the net operating income of these firms and their dividends to their shareholders before you run your mouth? Seems to me that after paying expenses like rent, employees salaries, and POLICY BENEFITS, the revenue they get from premiums and investment income barely eeks out a minimal return for shareholders. Where exactly is this massive gigantic gouging of the consumer? You think that if one insurance company outrageously overcharges, another would not happily lower prices and take over their customers? Think Mcfly think.[/citation]

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Platypus[/nom]"I can't work today because I'm sad."Sounds like it should go on a t-shirt. I'd put it right up there with the "Daddy drinks because I cry" shirt for toddlers.[/citation]
Depression is a serious health condition. Just because you're not bleeding doesn't mean you're healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.