Woman Sues Google for Bad Directions, Accident

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Maybe this half brain dead woman was distracted by texting on her phone while crossing the street and eventually to the on coming traffic.

lightbulbsocket

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
What really scares me about this is that, given the different legal precedents that have been set, she may actually win. If a woman can spill hot coffee on herself, or if a burglar can crawl on someone's sky light and fall through the person's roof injuring themselves and win in court, I wouldn't be surprised if you can walk into traffic and get paid for getting run over.

I'd at least be able to live with it a little bit easier if there were a youtube video of it though. Then she could at least entertain us with her sheer ineptitude.

zmbcat

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I think some dramatic changes are needed in the legal system, im no lawer but the best i can come up with atm is that judge or someone should be able to call the case "idiotic", then some people make a vote if its so or not and make the person pay up for wasted time:D. Of course to avoid serious cases actually being called stupid, the person could make an appeal or smth for the case to get re-evaluated by some other people, and pay even more if its called "idiocy" again. And the fine should be huge:D

Also how the hell someone even came up with idea of suing someone for coffee being hot, its not like you arent making coffee using boiling water?? Should there be a license for being able to "boil water", because its a potentially "hazardous activity"??? :D

safcmanfr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]officeguy[/nom]Give me a break!! What else is there to say. To Ciuy comment, above, you are dumb!! Countres are not dumb, people are. They are everywhere not just in the USA!![/citation]

He generalised too much, but I have to say the USA has had the dumbest litigation cases I have ever heard of....

fishyfish

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
[citation][nom]officeguy[/nom]Give me a break!! What else is there to say. To Ciuy comment, above, you are dumb!! Countres are not dumb, people are. They are everywhere not just in the USA!![/citation]

However only in USA people sue McShitnalds for serving hot coffee and now google for this.

It must be all this fat foods that make brains equally agile as bottoms.

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Do you want me to point out the surveys that were made during the health care debate??They clearly show that at least 30% of the US population is composed of inbreed dumbf*cks.[/citation]

I'm interested to see these results.
This gives me hope for building robots, AI's actually that provide better sense.

G

I think the lawyers should get sued for bringing up such a case too.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]fishyfish[/nom]However only in USA people sue McShitnalds for serving hot coffee and now google for this.It must be all this fat foods that make brains equally agile as bottoms.[/citation]

While this is a bit over-abundant here, it does happen in other countries as well. Like in the UK with robbers suing for being injured while commiting crimes in the victim's home?

Or for example, the Mayor of Batman, Turkey, suing Warner Brothers for a share of the revenues from the "Dark Knight" movie? Claiming "The unauthorized name use has wreaked psychological havoc in the Anatolian oil city by driving up unsolved murders and female suicides,".

Suffice to say, these types of ridiculous people don't only reside in the US.

The US needs tort reform badly, however, we don't need to end up like the UK and Germany selling pre and post defense insurance for lawsuits, because of a "Loser Pays" system. We already have enough trouble with insurance companies. :(

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]decoynumber2[/nom]oh god its happening the movie idiocracy is coming true.[/citation]
That is a scary thought, but seems it is happening... btw Brawndo, its got what plants Crave, its got electrolytes! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.