Woman Sues Google for Bad Directions, Accident

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

She is a total retard and is wasting people's time and resource. This is the type of people who drive up business operatonal expenses. The app. should take her directly to mental hospital instead.

MickyDee

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
They say Mother Nature doesn't provide excuses for Dumb, Stupid or Awkward just Pain and Suffering !! Maybe she should sue Mother Nature for blessing her with at least 2 of these??

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
A lady sued McDonald's for spilling hot coffee on herself...and won, in Arizona!

This being California, it does not bode well for a large company like Google.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]I hope she wins, software that can result in a death or dangerous situation has different criteria then consumer apps.This would be a wake up call to google to pay attention what the hell they are doing.Would you not be pissed if you found out some highschool intern was designing flight software in a passenger jet? Hell yes.[/citation]

Did you even think about the comparison you made?

There's a difference between a passenger jet software and google map.

If there a bug in the software of the jet, it make you lose control of it and crash (and if you survived it), then yes, sue the maker of the software.

That situation, you can be killed by the software as you may not have the ability to use a second option to get around or out of potential trouble. You life is on the line with the software.

Google map on the other hand: it not put into the thing you using to get somewhere like driving, walking, flying, ect.

It's the person using it that makes the problems. This is a article is a prime example of that.

Google maps didn't twist her arms to walk on that highway nor did it force her to walk in the middle of it.

All it did was make a suggestion of traveling on this road to get from point A to point B.

It's just like saying if google maps suggested to jump off a bridge as you destination maybe in a canyon or if google map said swim from NYC to London, would you do it? i would hope not.

Anyways,
All i have to say about the person in this article is, this is just someone that didn't use there head.

G

"If google told you to jump off a cliff would you do it?"

In this case the answer is apparently "yes".

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Really? Idiot...

Personally, I've used Google maps so much, I'd whip out the plastic card if it became a subscription service.
Just so damned convenient, and gives better routes than that damn GPS did...

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]officeguy[/nom]Give me a break!! What else is there to say. To Ciuy comment, above, you are dumb!! Countres are not dumb, people are. They are everywhere not just in the USA!![/citation]

that's true but unfortunately thanks to the media in the USA the world hears more stories of dumb Americans then anywhere else in the world.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]blurr91[/nom]A lady sued McDonald's for spilling hot coffee on herself...and won, in Arizona!This being California, it does not bode well for a large company like Google.[/citation]
Actually, that was here in Albuquerque, NM, back in 1992. The woman was like 80 years old at the time. She's probably dead now.

falconqc

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002
Calling this woman a retard is insulting to disabled people everywhere. I am pretty sure even these people know "walking down the center of the highway" is a stupid thing to do.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]brendano257[/nom]Not true, I was born and raised a U.S. citizen, and at age 16 I can easily say I am far more intelligent than this woman as I generally disobey 50% of my GPS's orders when I know a slightly better route. Don't just judge the 1-5% of completely clueless people in a country because they make the news when the fairly normal or "Average" 95% are absolutely fine.[/citation]

Do you want me to point out the surveys that were made during the health care debate??

They clearly show that at least 30% of the US population is composed of inbreed dumbf*cks.

G

I completly disagree with the author, who is clearly a coporate sell out. Google must take responsabilty because they are a big company and should know better than to mislead poor people like that. It is worng an they should pay. I hope Barak Obama steps in an punish google.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
causing her to suffer sever permanent physical, emotional, and mental injuries, including pain and suffering," reads the complaint filing.
Wait a minute! I think it is obvious that atleast the "mental injuries" were pre-existing in this case.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Warning label on my hair dryer states "Do not use in shower". I bet that was added because of a deceased relative of that lady.
If only I could have a penny for each dumb person on this planet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.