Wondering if this is possible....?

bchuks

Estimable
Oct 15, 2014
I Have two old karaoke machines that I picked up from a garage sale for 10$. I want to hook these two karaoke machines together so they play as one system. However it seems they only have input jacks on the back and no output. One has an rca jack for input and the other has an aux input. I tested both inputs with an ipod plugged in and they work fine. How ever I can't think of a way for them to work together. Would like them to play music and both work with a mocrophone if possible! So if you have an idea or need more info, comment! Thank you.

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
It really depends on how you want to do it. If you want to make a two-piece karaoke machine, and you want to do it semi-properly, get a cheap 2-Channel DJ mixer with a dedicated mic input (about $50-100, depending on if you buy used or new), buy a microphone, and run the output on the mixer to the inputs on the karaoke machines. That will be half okay, half ghetto.

If you just want them to serve as regular speakers for your iPod/etc., run each speaker as a dedicated L/R in a stereo output. If that's too technical for you, basically find a stereo headphone jack splitter and plug in one of the karaoke machines into each side; you'll have dedicated R/L channels, and you can plug it into your iPod from there. Auxiliary inputs range from 3.5mm jacks, RCA, and even 1/4" jacks, so just get the right connections.

If you have any trouble figuring things out, I'm sure your local Radio Shack nerds will be able to help without a problem. Pictures help with knowing what cables we're dealing with too.

Joesong44

Estimable
Oct 16, 2014
I think you might need to audio splitter or "headset splitter" to split your audio in your ipod to the two karaoke machines.

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
It really depends on how you want to do it. If you want to make a two-piece karaoke machine, and you want to do it semi-properly, get a cheap 2-Channel DJ mixer with a dedicated mic input (about $50-100, depending on if you buy used or new), buy a microphone, and run the output on the mixer to the inputs on the karaoke machines. That will be half okay, half ghetto.

If you just want them to serve as regular speakers for your iPod/etc., run each speaker as a dedicated L/R in a stereo output. If that's too technical for you, basically find a stereo headphone jack splitter and plug in one of the karaoke machines into each side; you'll have dedicated R/L channels, and you can plug it into your iPod from there. Auxiliary inputs range from 3.5mm jacks, RCA, and even 1/4" jacks, so just get the right connections.

If you have any trouble figuring things out, I'm sure your local Radio Shack nerds will be able to help without a problem. Pictures help with knowing what cables we're dealing with too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Audio 5
P Audio 2
J Audio 2
S Audio 1
L Audio 2
D Audio 8
T Audio 1
F Audio 1
L Audio 2
C Audio 2
T Audio 6