Solved! Wordpress review help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurky1998

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
Just want to know what people opinions are on Wordpress, it says that 27% of all websites are mode up of wordpress and I just to know if its any good for a simple webiste for a first time website maker for just reviewing things mobile related? I'd be looking at the personal package.

Solution
Look Wordpress is a simple interface for creating websites, you've got the slide menu on the side to pick different elements to add to the website and alter the formatting and templates to choose from (some free, some need you to fork out for).

The downside to Wordpress is that whilst it is powerful for implementing some web elements, any user with a moderate understanding of HTML and CSS finds it to be a hindrance rather quickly. A lot of the options to manipulate elements and their properties are missing or oversimplified and in trying to perfect a style you can end up spending more time messing around with the given settings in Wordpress than it would of taken you to implement it in raw HTML/CSS.

And the other major problem I have...

yamman101

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Look Wordpress is a simple interface for creating websites, you've got the slide menu on the side to pick different elements to add to the website and alter the formatting and templates to choose from (some free, some need you to fork out for).

The downside to Wordpress is that whilst it is powerful for implementing some web elements, any user with a moderate understanding of HTML and CSS finds it to be a hindrance rather quickly. A lot of the options to manipulate elements and their properties are missing or oversimplified and in trying to perfect a style you can end up spending more time messing around with the given settings in Wordpress than it would of taken you to implement it in raw HTML/CSS.

And the other major problem I have with Wordpress is that almost every website created via it seems generic. There is seldom anything unique about a Wordpress style website, the only difference you tend to encounter is different colour schemes and perhaps a rearranging of the elements given via a template.

Solution

Gurky1998

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

If you were to recommend a website design software what would you recommend I can use Dreamweaver but looking for something a tad simpler such as serif webplus?

Gurky1998

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

What about a website called webflow that lets you manipulate the html as well

Status
Not open for further replies.