World of Warcraft Movie Filming to Begin in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icecweam7

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
I smell a special guest appearance from none other than Leroy Jenkins. If not in the movie then a deleted scene. Paladin Leeroooy Jeeeenkins at the end of the day with all of his guild members wiped out talking about at least I have chicken.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
A movie about world fo warcraft? How about a Mass effect movie, or Starcraft, or any of the other 30 games that actually have characters with charisma (wich is one of the key elements in a movie).
I think this is be a total fail.

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Far too late for this movie. I'm also not seeing why a script couldn't have been knocked out ages ago. It's only sword and sorcery fantasy. Get each basic class as a main character looking for some magical artifact to destroy evil guy of the day. Throw in a few distinctive areas from the game, a dumb love interest sideplot and a minor charcter to take a few pratfalls. Blow some things up and you're done.
It's Hollywood, they are going to ruin it with a formulaic plot and wooden characters, the least they could do is make it quickly.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I smell a desperate last measure here. WoW is slowly on its way out and perhaps this is the last hoo-ra. It had a good run, a spectacular run as for as mmo's are concerned, but I think most smell the stench of death on it at this point.

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
I'm hoping this doesn't become another disaster in a loooong line of disaster's such as the Doom and Final Fantasy movies...

I'm guessing like 99% of other movies based off games this will suck. Very few good movies came from games. They had to be games with a compelling idea for a story. Which WoW does not have. I'm thinking it will be more along the lines of the Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter or Mortal Combat movies.
In terms of quality. They'd be lucky to achieve a Doom level script.

StarBound

Honorable
May 26, 2013
It would have been awesome if it was the same talent that created the CG movies for the intros of the game. But will it be a World of Warcraft movie with all the factions already established (those before wrath) or will it be a Warcraft movie with Orcs invading Azeroth and Lothar leading the remaining survivors to Lordaron?

Mobedda

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Need to base it off the War of the Ancients Trilogy....Make it 3 Installments like everything else is nowadays

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Its hard to believe that Uwe Boll was originally going to direct this. Have they seen any of his movies? Never give that man $100+ million to film a movie.
To be fair, I actually kind of like them, but in a so bad it's good kind of way. And Postal is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.