Would appreciate some input on how much gaming laptop is worth!

jluon

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone, I recently decided to make the switch from laptop to desktop so I could do upgrades easily as I pleased. However, I'm not sure how much I could likely get for my gaming laptop. It's actually in immaculate condition - I've always used an attached mouse and keyboard so there's not even oil spots on the keyboard. It's a Cyberpower built laptop so I must say it isn't the nicest looking, but it definitely did a great job as a gaming laptop. Specs are below:

Fangbook 4 SX7 17.3'' FHD 1920x1080
i7-6700HQ
GTX 1060 6gb GDDR5
2x 8gb DDR4-2133 SODIMM
512gb SSD M.2
DVD drive
Windows 10 Home

It's hard to judge how much CyberPower laptops are worth since they're not a "brand name" company and this laptop is pretty enormous - I'd bring it in at probably like 8lbs - 9 lbs.

Solution
Try it at 1,000, it may sell for that. 1060 systems with an i7 is about $1,300, and go up, especially with a good size SSD drive.

You may want to just use this system for a few years then swap to a desktop when it gets old. Your system is new, which means swapping it for a laptop and losing money on it would be silly just to have ability to upgrade. If you decided this before you bought it, that is one thing, now that you bought it, losing money on a new system for a swap to a desktop does not make a lot of sense to me. Get the normal use out of it, buy a desktop in a few years when parts then would be faster for the same price as today.
Try it at 1,000, it may sell for that. 1060 systems with an i7 is about $1,300, and go up, especially with a good size SSD drive.

You may want to just use this system for a few years then swap to a desktop when it gets old. Your system is new, which means swapping it for a laptop and losing money on it would be silly just to have ability to upgrade. If you decided this before you bought it, that is one thing, now that you bought it, losing money on a new system for a swap to a desktop does not make a lot of sense to me. Get the normal use out of it, buy a desktop in a few years when parts then would be faster for the same price as today.

Solution