Would like to try Chrome or Firefox

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

terry4536

Distinguished
Herald
Mar 28, 2010
Hi,
My question concerns browsers. I currently have IE8 / Windows. I would like to try Chrome or Firefox. How do I try these browsers without corrupting the “Microsoft” Windows installation? What are the ramifications?

Solution
Nothing bad will happen. You can install and uninstall either browser if you don't like it without messing anything up. They will work alongside Internet Explorer, not replace it. I run IE 9, Chrome 11, Firefox 4, and Opera 11 portable edition all at the same time without a problem.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009

Actually, different tests give different results: V8 favors Chrome, Sunspider favors IE9, and Kraken favors Firefox. Personally, I now use Pale Moon (a Firefox variant) with the Adblock Plus and Fasterfox Lite add-ons. I think it represents a great blend of features (helped by a few other addons), speed, and compatibility.

vaengaivenkat

Distinguished
May 20, 2011
I am using the Google Chrome Browser.It's very fast one...I am using from past three Months, even though i open many tabs also it will not hang or get slow..So that i using it,while using the Browser the Downloading and uploading are very fast i have check my uploading and Downloading speed at
http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/

Status
Not open for further replies.