Would My Computer Be VR Ready? + Vive VS Oculus?

No One_1

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
so ive been upgrading my computer a bit lately. here are the specs
i7 7700k
MSI GTX 970
16 GB RAM
and a bunch of other stuff that doesnt really matter
i think my computer would be VR ready but some people say its not sadly. btw would it be better for me to get the oculus or the vive? money isnt really an issue here. im fine waiting until my next paycheck. thanks for the help!

Solution
Yes, your computer is VR ready. It hits the minimum requirements with an HTC Vive, and the recommended specs with an Oculus Rift.

The difference is due to Oculus having the ASW software feature, which helps it run better on weaker hardware.

The Oculus Rift and HTC Vive both have pros and cons, but overall the Rift is better for the majority of uses. If you have a very large area for VR though, the Vive's tracking system is more convenient and easy to work with. It also has better room for wearing glasses, if that's relevant to you.

Sakkura

Distinguished
Yes, your computer is VR ready. It hits the minimum requirements with an HTC Vive, and the recommended specs with an Oculus Rift.

The difference is due to Oculus having the ASW software feature, which helps it run better on weaker hardware.

The Oculus Rift and HTC Vive both have pros and cons, but overall the Rift is better for the majority of uses. If you have a very large area for VR though, the Vive's tracking system is more convenient and easy to work with. It also has better room for wearing glasses, if that's relevant to you.

Solution