would this headset be compatible with my new PC?

BidoofDoge

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015
I've had this headset for a while. I only have a mac with one line in, but now that I have ordered my pc, it comes with line in, out. Do i need to get a new headset?

Headset link

Solution
fyi only 4pole can carry both mic and audio. 3pole can carry only one or the other (hence the two cables on pc being required). i'd be willing to say that you have a 4pole. check it out when you can.
seems like you have a headset with a 4pole 3.5mm connector. is this correct?
http://acc3658.imghost.cafe24.com/acc/home-e/a_qna.jpg 3pole vs 4pole (ignore the diameter part)

also, you are talking about your new pc having a microphone jack AND a seperate headphone jack. is this correct?

if yes...if you have a 4pole like i think you do and two connections like i said above then you can just get a phone headset to pc adapter (or the other various names its known as such as 3.5mm 4pole to two 3pole, console headset to pc adatper, basically the cables are the same thing just with different words..)

BidoofDoge

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015

Yeah, it has a seperate Mic/headphones input. I don't have the headset with me at the moment, but I think it's a 3pole, since it says it's a 3.5mm cable.

So does that mean it's compatible? (Sorry for asking, I'm a first time builder)

TRENDING THREADS