Wozniak Likes Windows Phone Better Than iOS, Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppumkin

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Somebody hacked into toms guide and posted this rubbish. Why would Wozniak 'DISS' his own creation, publicly.. Any way iPhone is much smoother than Metro in my opinion, better specs than lumia and all round is iPhone is Ace!

nameon

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Idoits,.... so angry that daddy likes your cousin more than you???...
WP7 rules and no one can deny it
my bros had every version of iphone ever released...
and then they picked up my W7 phone.....
they started asking questions i never thought i'd hear coming out of their mouths...
and specs dont count for S**T.... before i had my W7P i had an android that supposedly had
a better CPU on it than my W7P but lets just say it didnt look like it
also i think the guy who wrote this news pieces is a bit wierd.. how could he get this wrong??? WP7.5 is not tango its Mango

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Personally, I honestly love Windows Phone; Even though I own a Galaxy Nexus.
It's smooth and responsive in literally all situations, every time I go out I play with one.

I just wish it had as big a user base so more applications would be created for it. I wouldn't mind switching if it wasn't for my gigantic investment in Android apps.. -.-

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]ppumkin[/nom]Why would Wozniak 'DISS' his own creation, publicly[/citation]
It's called being honest and having integrity. Wozniak is a true geek that can appreciate technology regardless of branding.

This is why the man commands respect from fellow geeks.

Silly Boots

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Getting lost in Android? I've been using my Android phone for two years without "getting lost" once.

Don't really know what he's talking about.

G

I agree with Woz on the phone being nicer than Android but it still lags behind my 4s IMHO. I love the 1080p video and the breath of Apps available. Close but no cigar.

nhat11

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Wozniak is pretty cool, he's a big fan of anything tech and will try anything out. He'll sprout his opinions of what he likes or don't since he's not tied down to anything or don't care.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
windows phone is definatly awesome, i just with it'd port to a non limited data network like sprint or t mobile chaining to at&t means limited data which means some people (myself included) won't be willing to buy it

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
IMO opinion, I think Metro looks fantastic and flows extremely well. W8 should fix some of the technical limitations of it. Once that is done then they need to aggressively promote App development. Apps are what is killing the platform. There is just not enough.

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I have a whole new respect for Wozniak now. I strongly dislike apple but I was not aware of the way this guy acts. This is the kind of stuff the industry needs. If you can admit that your competitors product is excellent then that's awesome and it shows your honest and not just being overruled by greed. Props to this guys man.
By acknowledging how good WP7 is he'll probably have some new ideas to put into the iOS too. This kind of respect and acknowledgement of your competitors product should help the industry.

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]windows phone is definatly awesome, i just with it'd port to a non limited data network like sprint or t mobile chaining to at&t means limited data which means some people (myself included) won't be willing to buy it[/citation]
You can get a lumia 700 or HTC radar from T mobile...... they both run on WP7.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Ummm, I like Wozniak and respect him for his contributions to Apple before being screwed by the propagandist, nefarious back-room-dealer, and con-artist Mr Jobs. But I have strong reservations about Wozniak assessments. Even though, I myself like the Lumina 900 Windows phone and have no doubt it is a superior device to the locked-down iPhone 4s jail, and certainly a good alternative to an Android phone. But that the phone is better than, say, the Samsung Galaxy S2, is doubtful. It may be slightly faster, but speed is not the only criteria that marks user satisfaction.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]nameon[/nom]Idoits,.... so angry that daddy likes your cousin more than you???...WP7 rules and no one can deny itmy bros had every version of iphone ever released...and then they picked up my W7 phone.....they started asking questions i never thought i'd hear coming out of their mouths...and specs dont count for S**T.... before i had my W7P i had an android that supposedly hada better CPU on it than my W7P but lets just say it didnt look like italso i think the guy who wrote this news pieces is a bit wierd.. how could he get this wrong??? WP7.5 is not tango its Mango[/citation]

Tango, Mango... he's the same kind of smelly Gypsy! ;)

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Ummm, I like Wozniak and respect him for his contributions to Apple before being screwed by the propagandist, nefarious back-room-dealer, and con-artist Mr Jobs. But I have strong reservations about Wozniak assessments. Even though, I myself like the Lumina 900 Windows phone and have no doubt it is a superior device to the locked-down iPhone 4s jail, and certainly a good alternative to an Android phone. But that the phone is better than, say, the Samsung Galaxy S2, is doubtful. It may be slightly faster, but speed is not the only criteria that marks user satisfaction.[/citation]

Actually, he was not just talking about speed. He was talking about UI usability as well as performance. Android is clunky compared to both WP7.5 and IOS and the fact that these Android devices need the kind of hardware that they have to make it seem smooth is proof of how clunky it is.

Wozniak is a known Apple guy who is perfectly honest about the pluses and minuses of his main platform and is not afraid to give credit to another solution that might do certain things a bit better. That is what a true technologist does and for that he deserves credit.

At the end of the day if you consider all options and figure which platforms pluses outweigh the minuses for you then you can make a thoughtful and informed decision for yourself without waiving your flag every time someone makes a unbiased assessment of a device.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Wow, so because the Woz has the temerity to speak his mind on what he prefers honestly he is suddenly attacked by the Religeous Zealot brigade
Different matter when he bigs up Apple products, of course

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]trumpeter1994[/nom]I have a whole new respect for Wozniak now. I strongly dislike apple but I was not aware of the way this guy acts. This is the kind of stuff the industry needs. If you can admit that your competitors product is excellent then that's awesome and it shows your honest and not just being overruled by greed. Props to this guys man. By acknowledging how good WP7 is he'll probably have some new ideas to put into the iOS too. This kind of respect and acknowledgement of your competitors product should help the industry.[/citation]
He doesn't work for Apple and has nothing to do with the iPhone or iOS, he is just a tech geek who is well known and respected for his unbiased opinions. He likes what he likes, it doesn't matter to him that he helped create Apple, if he doesn't like an Apple product he will say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.