Wrong refresh rate?

Shoupiedoop21

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
Im not sure if this is the right thread or section, but im not sure where else to post this. When I connect my PC (AMD) to my one TV (Vizio), I've noticed that the mouse is slightly "delayed". Its just barely noticeable, slightly delayed. So i was in the AMD catalyst control center and went to the "my digital flat panels" section and went to the "properties" sub-section. It listed the Maximum reported refresh rate as 75 Hz however the TV is a 120Hz. I was curious about this and there was no way to adjust this manually so I connected it to my other TV (Philips) which is a 60Hz, and went back to the same section of the AMD Catalyst control center and this one is correctly listed as 60Hz. Can someone explain why my 120Hz tv only shows at 75Hz on the program, and how to adjust this to be 120Hz on the AMD CCC program.

Solution
TV hz are a bit strange it may not be 120hz because they started promoting it as some arbitrary number that means almost nothing. Marketing BS. But for the delay issue you might want to see if your Vizio TV has a Game mode and turn that on. Also you could see about turning off some of the advanced Graphical enhancement features the TV may have. I don't know what model Vizio you have so I can't make any specific recommendations as I would need to look at that TV's manual to know for sure, but these features will modify the image to make it look better and that will cause the delay you are seeing on the screen with your mouse. It isn't a big deal with TV content, but if you are playing games or using your computer on the TV it would be.

caqde

Distinguished
May 31, 2007
TV hz are a bit strange it may not be 120hz because they started promoting it as some arbitrary number that means almost nothing. Marketing BS. But for the delay issue you might want to see if your Vizio TV has a Game mode and turn that on. Also you could see about turning off some of the advanced Graphical enhancement features the TV may have. I don't know what model Vizio you have so I can't make any specific recommendations as I would need to look at that TV's manual to know for sure, but these features will modify the image to make it look better and that will cause the delay you are seeing on the screen with your mouse. It isn't a big deal with TV content, but if you are playing games or using your computer on the TV it would be.

Solution