Xbox 360 Slim Shots Fake, Just HD DVD Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrust2night

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
I don't get why someone who went to all the trouble to make the images would put "HD DVD" on the drive? Seems stupid. Might as well have made a picture of Einstein playing Gears of War on one of these "XBox 360 Slims".

datmantran

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
Uhm... they didn't... the TOP picture is the fake slim... the LOWER picture is the picture TOM's used to figure out that it's a FAKE...

G

When will Microsoft suck up it's pride and release a Blue Ray drive. I don't want to have to buy a PS3 to get one, and I'm sure they wouldn't want me to either.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
@goonkergi - You could just buy a stand-alone blu-ray player for 25% the cost of a PS3. Just sayin'

captaincharisma

Distinguished
i knew Microsoft wasn't dumb enough to release a slim xbox 360 seeing how they still can't get the current one to stop overheating

also you can get bluray player for like 120 bucks now which if Microsoft did release a bluray add-on i am sure it wouldn't be worth it seeing they would sell it for like 100 bucks or more so it wouldn't be worth getting. and it looks like you can update the firmware on almost all bluray players now just like the PS3

nonstoprobot

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Kraynor[/nom]@goonkergi - You could just buy a stand-alone blu-ray player for 25% the cost of a PS3. Just sayin'[/citation]

yeah but I think his point is, if he's going to spend any money at all on a blu ray player he's also going to want the PS3 exclusives his 360 lacks.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
Microsoft have said time and time again that they're not putting out a blu-ray attachment. Also, judging by what the price of the HD-DVD one was, buying a stand-alone would be cheaper in any case.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]nonstoprobot[/nom]yeah but I think his point is, if he's going to spend any money at all on a blu ray player he's also going to want the PS3 exclusives his 360 lacks.[/citation]

Sure, but it's hard to refuse adding a $50 blu-ray drive to a HTPC.

G

I wish people would read before they try to fake leaks. The motherboard isn't even smaller, It's just not as big height wise. They said if they were to shrink it would be very minimal, or the same size with the HD built in and possible the power brick also on the inside area where the HD is now. But again all just rumors until E3.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]nonstoprobot[/nom]yeah but I think his point is, if he's going to spend any money at all on a blu ray player he's also going to want the PS3 exclusives his 360 lacks.[/citation]

If you were any close to the reality and the actual reason it would have to be the other way around. If he prefers MS to release a 360 with a BD it would be for the 360's exclusives. The guy is asking to avoid buying a PS3. Your way of thinking really amazed me.

What im wondering right now is that they proved the case is parts of the HD DVD. How does that mean that the mobo in the pics was from the HD DVD? Cause for sure that was a mobo and not part of the HD DVD. At least thats what I think. I might be wrong ofc. I'll go check the pic of the mobo once really quick cause I remember i saw components on there that were purely mobo related.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]Kraynor[/nom]@goonkergi - You could just buy a stand-alone blu-ray player for 25% the cost of a PS3. Just sayin'[/citation]

Ehh not really. While there are bluray players to be had out there for $70-$80 they really do not compare to the PS3 bluray capabilities. Those cheaper bluray players do not have internet connectivity for streaming. Also, the ps3 slim bluray player was considered for the most part as good as the oppo blu ray player, which is considered one of the best you can get.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10316079-1.html

slaphappy

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006

Only if you want some piece of junk from wal-mart. I bought an LG BD player which cost AS MUCH as a ps3. But then I dont play console games so I wanted the best bluray experience at home possible. If I hadnt however, I would have definitely gone with the ps3. Microsoft really shooting themselves in the foot here.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
I picked up a Sony blu-ray player a few weeks back for about €100 including 4 free blu-rays movies, my 250gb PS3 slim + 2 games came to €400. No discernable difference in quality on the 52" TV I have downstairs. Shop around, you'll find a good player for a good price.

Only thing I will say is that the PS3's initial loading is faster, but that only matters in the first minute after popping in the BRD.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]Kraynor[/nom]I picked up a Sony blu-ray player a few weeks back for about €100 including 4 free blu-rays movies, my 250gb PS3 slim + 2 games came to €400. No discernable difference in quality on the 52" TV I have downstairs. Shop around, you'll find a good player for a good price.Only thing I will say is that the PS3's initial loading is faster, but that only matters in the first minute after popping in the BRD.[/citation]

Does your bluray player have internet connectivity for streaming?

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]Kraynor[/nom]No, but my PC does, which is hooked to the same TV.[/citation]

Well that is why your bluray player costs only €100! If you want a bluray player that does streaming, its going to cost around €200 (or you have to shell out even more money for a computer that does that too).

So considering the ps3 performs as a €200 bluray player while only costing around €300, it is indeed quite a deal considering the gaming capabilities, media streaming, etc.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]njalterio[/nom]Does your bluray player have internet connectivity for streaming?[/citation]

does a Blu-ray player really need internet streaming? kind of a pointless feature in my option as it defeats the purpose of having blu ray player. Might as well save the money and just hook the PC up to the TV and watch HD video's from PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.