XBox one controller for PC - Analog stick not properly centered

Zolee

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
My problem is, that if I run the calibration (Windows->Run->joy.cpl->Properties->Settings->Calibrate), then it shows, that the X-Y axis of the right thumbstick is not properly centered by default. For example the Y axis is auto centered to 44%, if I move it up, then release. It is auto centered to 48%, if I move it down and release. Do you think if it is normal behavior and all of the games can handle this dead zone? How does yours behave?

Solution
How long have you been using that controller? Chances are over time the tension bands in the sticks become loose/weak and aren't centered exactly. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new controller be slightly off dead center right out of the box... If you're playing a game and you push it upward then let go, does it still send the "up" input when it's back at the center? If not I wouldn't worry about it

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
How long have you been using that controller? Chances are over time the tension bands in the sticks become loose/weak and aren't centered exactly. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new controller be slightly off dead center right out of the box... If you're playing a game and you push it upward then let go, does it still send the "up" input when it's back at the center? If not I wouldn't worry about it

Solution