dontknowit

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
i found a old advent laptop on xp i formatted and installed vista it wont work can anyone tell how to install an os?

Solution
Your laptop is missing some drivers but unfortunately only Windows XP is supported on the 7014 model, you should have checked that before changing the OS. It will only work and perform properly by putting XP back on it.

You can get the XP drivers here, but they won't work on Vista or any other Windows version:

http://www.adventcomputers.co.uk/product-download-select/286

XP's minimum RAM requirements are a good deal lower than newer Windows versions, and Vista in particular was very bad for hogging and managing memory so that was a bad choice anyway for laptop that originally shipped with XP installed - - it probably has only 1GB RAM installed at most, that's only enough for XP or earlier.

dontknowit

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

its a nice laptop i want to keep it..does it need drivers or something. i purchased vista install cd on ebay it runs very slow mytbe i done something wrong. would appreciate anything you know.

dontknowit

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

advent 7104 ?? linux sounds best. no you tube though or itunes.audio controller has question marks next to it in drivers does advent 7104 ring a bell.i deleted the xp of it to install viista which i did however now the laptop runs very slow..again the audio controller has a missing driver ?thanks for your replies.i can put a linux image on a cd to install though no you tube or itunes in linux.any chance of putting windows 7 on it? will that be too much.i dont want to get stuck with the laptop its such a nice laptop.

Your laptop is missing some drivers but unfortunately only Windows XP is supported on the 7014 model, you should have checked that before changing the OS. It will only work and perform properly by putting XP back on it.

You can get the XP drivers here, but they won't work on Vista or any other Windows version:

http://www.adventcomputers.co.uk/product-download-select/286

XP's minimum RAM requirements are a good deal lower than newer Windows versions, and Vista in particular was very bad for hogging and managing memory so that was a bad choice anyway for laptop that originally shipped with XP installed - - it probably has only 1GB RAM installed at most, that's only enough for XP or earlier.

Solution

pavan vaddadi

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017

how to install audio set up to windows xp system