Xp pro startup

hoover

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Hello,I am having a problem with the start up.It will start up till it loads the desk top wallpaper and that is as far as it will go no icons come up and you can't get it to respond to anything. I put the recover disk in and it want recognize it. After a bit the screen saver comes on. You press the on key and it goes into hibernation and shuts down. Start it again and t5he same thing happens. I have tried the F2 key, F8, F12 key no good. The hard drive light is blinking but it doesn't finish starting up

Solution
Your XP is a goner. Reinstall the system and all the software you need and then make a backup of your system partition. It will save you from a lot of headaches and other trouble that may occur. If your hardware specs allows you to use vista or 7, do so. There are much better than XP.

V1ctor89

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Your XP is a goner. Reinstall the system and all the software you need and then make a backup of your system partition. It will save you from a lot of headaches and other trouble that may occur. If your hardware specs allows you to use vista or 7, do so. There are much better than XP.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS