Xperia Play PlayStation Phone Costs Just $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatymutawings

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
It costs $100? With a contact, yes! well, no duh, the iPhone 4 only cost $50 with a "contract"
apparently you'll be paying much more than $100 if you don't go with the 2 year ripoff contract.

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]wh3resmycar[/nom]yes and the iphone 4 is as sophisticated as a dual core Android phone, not.[/citation]

of course, this not being a dual-core android phone, it does not apply :p the specs for the play and iphone 4 are nearly the same

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
$100 phone and a contract that looks to be $80 a month with only 2GB plan before taxes just so I can play a portable version of Minecraft. I love Minecraft, but I think I will pass on this one.

pinkeyes

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Is everyone really crying about data plans when this article has nothing to do with that?

Putting that aside, I think that concept of having a controller slide out from your phone is a neat idea. It's too bad the hardware specs are old hat, otherwise I'd consider trading up.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]pinkeyes[/nom]Is everyone really crying about data plans when this article has nothing to do with that?Putting that aside, I think that concept of having a controller slide out from your phone is a neat idea. It's too bad the hardware specs are old hat, otherwise I'd consider trading up.[/citation]
actually it does. you get a phone for cheap because they can make the money back on a 2 year contract.

you dont think the iphone 4 is 50$ do you? it costs minimum 600, and at most 8-900$ for them, they sell it for 50$ because they attach a 100$ a month plan that you pay for for 2 years and it makes them 2400$ minimum, assuming you never go over limits.

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
@&*^%@$^!

I paid $200 hundred for mine, when it launched. Oh well, rather pay the extra hundred then and have an unlimited data plan! MWA HA HA HA!

Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Ive had mine for nearly 4 months now, and sadly its a very average phone and the games you can get for it arnt that great tbh, minecraft and battlefield may change that but im not putting too much hope into it.

But were this phone excels (for me that is) is the emulators, ive got them all from the Atari 2600, zx speccy to the PS1 and the N64 and the are brilliant on this phone, the N64 sadly does use the nubs but you can work around that as the Dpad is quite sensitive.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
A two year contract with verizon? Not a bad deal, I switched to verizon and I have amazing coverage, plus I got in last December and have unlimited data on my phone. I'm waiting for the XPeria 2

G

Ah, a playstation phone this is NOT compatible with anything playstation. Umm... Sure, I'll fork over another $100 + $720 in a data plan so I can just pitch my $1,200.00 library of PSP games right out the window. Not to mention that I will have no connectivity to my existing PS3 Media server. All so I can buy a whole new library of games that will not be compatible with anything else on the planet. Yeah, No Thanks...

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
How do people find the time to play that many games? If I play pc games, it would leave so little time to play consoles. If I also play console, I have to be fed through a tube to make up the time. Is there even time to be talking on a phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.