Yahoo! Takes on Google with 'Search Direct'

Status
Not open for further replies.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Does anyone still use yahoo? A few people I know use bing but thats because its set to default on their browser. Everyone else I know just uses google.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]feeddagoat[/nom]Does anyone still use yahoo? A few people I know use bing but thats because its set to default on their browser. Everyone else I know just uses google.[/citation]
I use Yahoo to read the news. That's it. I don't use it to..."Yahooooooo!".

RobinPanties

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
I know a significant amount of people who still use Yahoo! Most have it as their start page, and as mentioned earlier, the news headlines. Since the browsers have search blanks in the top righthand corner now (a big mistake for ie 9 to eliminate this, IMO, as, while I realize you can now search from the address bar, many users will not realize this and be disappointed the search blank went away... which will also probably increase the amount of already too increased quantity of toolbar helper toolbars installed in browsers

Steven Bancroft

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
[citation][nom]RobinPanties[/nom]I know a significant amount of people who still use Yahoo! Most have it as their start page, and as mentioned earlier, the news headlines. Since the browsers have search blanks in the top righthand corner now (a big mistake for ie 9 to eliminate this, IMO, as, while I realize you can now search from the address bar, many users will not realize this and be disappointed the search blank went away... which will also probably increase the amount of already too increased quantity of toolbar helper toolbars installed in browsers[/citation]

I take it you don't use chrome. IE9 is trying to get the sleek, minimalistic look and feel of Chrome. Yet when I tested out IE9 it seemed ugly to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.