Yamaha AV Receiver RXV-371 +Sony Bravia 40" TV + Imange but no sound

geogal02

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
I had sound and image since first set-up. Suddenly, I have no sound? The only possibility of any change I made was inadvertently pushing the wrong button on my Yamaha remote. But I don't know which one I pushed. I think it was set up to use the ARC. I only use the internet from my computer to the receiver HDMI connection for watching stuff on my TV. So I use HDMI4 PC and the AV I'm not sure was on AV1? And I don't know what the Audio was on: audio 1 or audio 2? All I know at this point is the Mute is Off. Please help.

Solution

I fixed it!! I got the sound back when I went into the HDMI Setup on the remote and changed the audio, which was set to TV, and switched it back to Amp + TV. So I have radio and internet TV sound again. Thanks for your help!

With your PC booted and the TV on try each input of the receiver.
You could also check the back of the receiver to confirm which input it is connected to.
Make sure the TV is on the input you usually use.
Wait about 10 seconds before trying a different input as it may take that long for the TV and receiver to detect the PC and start working.

geogal02

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016

I did as you suggested but still no sound. I forgot to mention that there is no radio sound as well. I use only HDMI4 PC for internet movies, etc. The only way I get sound for internet movies on my TV is if the TV is set to TV speakers. There is nothing connected to the AV inputs or outputs on the back because I only use the HDMI4 PC to watch on my TV. I checked all the speaker connections and they are good.

geogal02

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016

I fixed it!! I got the sound back when I went into the HDMI Setup on the remote and changed the audio, which was set to TV, and switched it back to Amp + TV. So I have radio and internet TV sound again. Thanks for your help!

Solution