Yamaha HS5 Setup help

riperslo

Estimable
Sep 13, 2015
So a while back i had my 28th bday and one of my mates who's into audio a lot kinda bought be mentioned speakers.

Currently my PC is connected to Logitech Z-623 speakers and I am clueless how to setup this yamahas.

Since my mate left on a business trip and is out of touch i can't ask for his advise so i redirected it to this community.
Some mentioned me to buy an DAC, some said AMP.

Advise me if possible...

Right... I had few thoughts given to me by some PC enthusiasts then again since i don't know much about audio most of this to me is like spanish
Audioengine D1
JDS Labs The Element
Burson play basic
Micca OriGain Compact
pyle Wireless Bluetooth Home Power Amplifier
Audioengine N22
Nano iDSD Black

I'd also like to know, if i swap for yamaha,... can I keep Logitech's sub?

Appreciate any & all help given. Thanks

Solution
You don't need anything to get the speakers working. You do need the correct cables though.
https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMP-153-Stereo-Breakout-Cable/dp/B000068O3C/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1545340804&sr=1-2&keywords=3.5mm+stereo+to+TRS+mono+plugs
If your PC has an orange audio jack then you can connect the Logitech speakers to the sub out only. If you don't have a sub out you can split the green audio output and connect both the Logitech and Yamahas there.
Problem is that you may not be able to use the sub without one of the sats playing at the same time. You would have to disconnect one wire going to the speaker inside the sat that everything connects to.
If you want to improve the audio then a DAC or soundcard...
You don't need anything to get the speakers working. You do need the correct cables though.
https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMP-153-Stereo-Breakout-Cable/dp/B000068O3C/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1545340804&sr=1-2&keywords=3.5mm+stereo+to+TRS+mono+plugs
If your PC has an orange audio jack then you can connect the Logitech speakers to the sub out only. If you don't have a sub out you can split the green audio output and connect both the Logitech and Yamahas there.
Problem is that you may not be able to use the sub without one of the sats playing at the same time. You would have to disconnect one wire going to the speaker inside the sat that everything connects to.
If you want to improve the audio then a DAC or soundcard upgrade would be an improvement. You have absolutely no use for an amp with self powered speakers. Maybe a better sub than the Logitech for your 29th Bday.

Solution

riperslo

Estimable
Sep 13, 2015

Appreciate your time & effort.
Mind answering a follow up about a DAC.

When I search for DAC if I want to plug in both speakers /w sub and PC... i need L & R (Audio Out) for speakers, USB to connect it to PC ...
... + what for sub?