Yamaha RX-V381BL Receiver

Ice3m

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Recently upgraded to a 4k TV and my current receiver will not support the 4k passthrough. I was looking at this receiver as I already have some decent speakers. That being said it looks like this receiver will not support the standard unpowered Subwoofer. Can I use this without a powered subwoofer or will the system not work unless the Sub is also plugged in?

Plan on using it with my LG 65" 4k tv and a PC using a GTX 1080, If anyone uses this receiver for a similar purpose, does this setup work well for you?

Upgrading from an Onkyo HT-S3700. Was going to use the speakers from this receiver sans the subwoofer.

Solution
Why not just connect the PC straight to the TV's HDMI then use the Hdmi (arc) from the tv to send all the audio to the amp.
This will negate any problems with not being HDCP 2.2 compatible.

kango69

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
Why not just connect the PC straight to the TV's HDMI then use the Hdmi (arc) from the tv to send all the audio to the amp.
This will negate any problems with not being HDCP 2.2 compatible.

Solution

Ice3m

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

Well damn, learn something new every day, I will do this, thank you! I only need the receiver for the audio anyway.

No such thing. The receiver's configurator, you should be able to tell it what speakers you have/don't have, you are not forced to do anything.