Solved! Yamaha RX-V467 digital receiver to connect sound from Toshiba TV that uses WLAN for built in VUDU app?

Dec 27, 2018
I have a Yamaha RX-V467 digital receiver that's connected to my Toshiba TV. The Toshiba TV uses a WLAN adapter for wireless to stream its built in vudu app. But the sound will then come from the TV itself. The receiver only seems to have inputs 1-4 and not a "WLAN" input. Any help? :)

Solution
WLAN has nothing to do with your situation.

All TV's built-in Apps will output TV through HDMI ARC (if available) or Optical. U do have to tell TV, whether you want built-in speaker output or external audio output.
You need to provide audio signal from the TV to the receiver.

You have to check whether your TV has optical/coax audio out, or headsphone out. Another sure-to-work way is to use stand-alone device like Roku, plugged into the receiver, which streams Vudu/YouTube/etc.

Dec 27, 2018
Thanks @Alabalcho!! We realized instead of HDMI setting on the receiver, we need to choose one of the AV inputs. I tried all of them but the sound was still not coming from the receiver, so I think we need to check to see what AV cables are connected and into which outputs. :)