Yes, Joss Whedon is Directing the Avengers Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

So we can expect him to film the first scenes and then for Fox to somehow cancel it?

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]thecadillacboy[/nom]So Johnny Storm is Captain America now?[/citation]

He's an actor, not the person.

nothing wrong with an actor taking on more than one character in his career.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]He's an actor, not the person. nothing wrong with an actor taking on more than one character in his career.[/citation]
Unless the Fantastic Four meet the Avengers then it's gonna confuse people.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]I hope Edward Norton does the Hulk part, I liked how it all went in the incredible hulk 2008 film[/citation]

Won't happen. The reason there are talks to fill that role is because somebody threw a shit fit regarding Norton reprising his role. I forget the actual sequence of events (should be easy to Google) but Norton said he's looking forward to coming back as the Hulk, Marvel said "Norton's a douche on set and we don't want him back (this isn't about money honest)" then Norton's agent replied "bullshit this is ENTIRELY about money and you not wanting to give any up. Norton's not a douche on set AND the cast are all his mates anyway".

So no Norton :-(

kencolestud69

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]scottsiefker[/nom]So we can expect him to film the first scenes and then for Fox to somehow cancel it?[/citation]
{cough}Firefly, Dollhouse{cough}

adikos

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
hmpf. when i saw the avengers i thought someone was going to redo the old british series again, except maybe better this time? alas its the other avengers. ohh wells.

"The one with diane rigg, where she kicks really high" - al bundy.

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
It will be crap. Their heads have grown too big at marvel. Iron Man 2 is a fine example. Another is, they booted Edward Norton from the cast. I used to look forward to this movie, and now I think it's gonna be another Hollywood crap fest.

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
I hate to say it but the super-hero movies are headed in the wrong direction (again) and this movie will probably stink. Hollywood just cant seem to figure out that these great characters and stories don't need to be messed with but in an effort to appeal to a mass audience they muck up the story and ruin what could have been an amazing experience.

84supreme

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
[citation][nom]freiheitner[/nom]Captain America? Seriously? Are people going to pay to see Captain America?[/citation]

yes

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]cobra5000[/nom]I hate to say it but the super-hero movies are headed in the wrong direction (again) and this movie will probably stink. Hollywood just cant seem to figure out that these great characters and stories don't need to be messed with but in an effort to appeal to a mass audience they muck up the story and ruin what could have been an amazing experience.[/citation]

My fears exactly

[citation][nom]freiheitner[/nom]Captain America? Seriously? Are people going to pay to see Captain America?[/citation]

[citation][nom]84supreme[/nom]yes[/citation]

No they will not! I really really want the avengers movie to be good, but unfortunately there is an over saturation of super hero moves coming from Marvel and DC. I believe the good super hero movies are now dead.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]He's an actor, not the person. nothing wrong with an actor taking on more than one character in his career.[/citation]

------------

it's the same marvel universe... it would be like hugh jackman playing the next incredible hulk. will movie execs ever get it? all of these characters live on the same planet.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]My fears exactlyNo they will not! I really really want the avengers movie to be good, but unfortunately there is an over saturation of super hero moves coming from Marvel and DC. I believe the good super hero movies are now dead.[/citation]

----------------

who wants to see cap throw a sheild? anyone? why not create a cable movie.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
[citation][nom]fatkid35[/nom]my fear is it will look like another buffy the vampire slayer episode.[/citation]

It will be worse. Whedon is overrated, and anything he touches turns to douche. Aliens 4, anyone? The only reason he still has a career in Hollywood is because his fans are willing to murder those who talk the truth about their god-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.