YouTube and Hardware Acceleration

varnasts

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
I have this problem for a long time now. On Chrome, whenever the Hardware Acceleration is off in the Settings, the videos that are 60FPS keep dropping frames. Same happens with videos that are not 60FPS, but it is way less noticeable. If I try to turn on the Hardware Acceleration, the videos are running smooth, dropping maybe 1 or 2 frames in the entire video, but the audio keeps desyncing and I have to reload the page. So, either I'll have videos with dropping frames and occasionally audio desync because of that, or good videos but audio desync all the time.
Any way I can fix this? (Except buy a new PC)
My specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
Radeon HD 5770 Sapphire Vapor-X
4GB DDR2 RAM

varnasts

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
It is only happening on Chrome. For a while I was trying to watch videos on edge and have everything else on chrome, but it is very impracticable.

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
I guess ask this on the chrome forums, as the issue seems rather specific. Any reason you can't perma use a different browser like firefox or edge? You should be able to export all your bookmarks and preferences.

varnasts

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
I will try the chrome forums as well. I'm not using any other because of lack of customization. I really like the add ons and the themes that chrome has (especially the new tab ones). Anyway, thanks for your response!