Youtube buffering even at fast internet speeds

jmanno33o

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Sorry, don't really know where else to put this, so if it could be moved, that would be great.

Recently I've been having trouble with Youtube. Sometimes it works like it's supposed to, instantly loading at 1080p. Other times, I can't even get 240p to stream because my viewing bar catches up to the buffering bar.

I've tried switching browsers (chrome and IE), downloading a 3rd party youtube streamer (Minitube), and even downloaded some extensions to stop youtube from buffering in blocks (Youtube Options/Center) Nothing has worked for me yet, and I don't know what to do. Any help would be great!

My speedtest:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3119592077.png

jmanno33o

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

Trust me, simple google searches got me threads from 2 years ago that had actual solutions. And it's only been happening to me for a week and a half now.

jmanno33o

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

Thanks for being seemingly rudely helpful. Will pick your post as solution though.

Gillsimo

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Like thousands of others over the past few months I've been driven to insanity by the well documented buffering issue.
It got so bad that I decided to install a downloader so that I could at least watch a few of my most favored videos without interruption.
I installed YTD for no other reason than it appearing first in a search.
I downloaded one short video & was pretty impressed .....& not only by the YTD.
Returning to Youtube to select a second video for download it was immediately apparent that the problems had completely gone....Youtube was now working better than I'd ever previously experienced...lightening quick for sure.
That was on a Win7/Firefox setup.
Did the above on the other two here....a WinXP/IE8 & a Win8/Chrome....same result.
Since done likewise on four of my neighbours & three friends....same result.
No idea how/why it works but I do know that it can hopefully give many a good folk a happy, peaceful Christmas & New Year on me.