Solved! Youtube Copyrights, can someone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2018
Hello guys. I have a question in my mind and maybe you can help me with the answear.
Can someone tell me if i download a video from youtube and after i will edit it in sony vegas with my own modifications then i upload it on my youtube chanel, the video will stil have the copyrights from the original owner?

Solution
That is a little bit trickier, if it is gameplay that is copywritten (like a trailer, press event, etc) it will get flagged.
If its something someone made and put it, it will likely get flagged eventually, but it might be easier to deal with.
I would try to contact whoever owns the video in question and see what they say about your reuse. If its clean gameplay with no commentary or other copywritten properties you may get permission to reuse it.

Gam3r01

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
It depends on the original material in question, and how long the clip is, but mostly likely you are going to be infringing on the original copyright.
Example: Making lyric videos for songs, you may make the actual video and text but the original copyright takes precedence.

Jun 14, 2018
Gam3r01, thank you for your suport. Let me ask another thing: for example, if i download a clean gameplay from some game and after i will edit the order of images, cut, paste, add effects etc. Youtube can still catch me and delete my video?

Gam3r01

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
That is a little bit trickier, if it is gameplay that is copywritten (like a trailer, press event, etc) it will get flagged.
If its something someone made and put it, it will likely get flagged eventually, but it might be easier to deal with.
I would try to contact whoever owns the video in question and see what they say about your reuse. If its clean gameplay with no commentary or other copywritten properties you may get permission to reuse it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.