YouTube Intros Cloud-based Video Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
You have to give Google credit, there one of the most innovative companies that pushes new ideas and sets new standards for other to follow. I'm pretty certain that one day google will be the largest tech company in the world ahead of Apple and Microsoft, just about everything is going web based and it's Goole who were there first and are the ones making it happen.

FloKid

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
If your time in the new video is less than 0 then u just made a time machine, please give us credit so that we can control that also. Good luck and hope we never see you again.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
[citation][nom]JeanLuc[/nom]You have to give Google credit, there one of the most innovative companies that pushes new ideas and sets new standards for other to follow. I'm pretty certain that one day google will be the largest tech company in the world ahead of Apple and Microsoft, just about everything is going web based and it's Goole who were there first and are the ones making it happen.[/citation]
agreed, cloud computing facinates me (and scares me too tbh) and Google seems to be leading the way. Still a bit off but with each step Google take they bring some new features. I use so many computers, having a centralised store and info sharing is really handy not to mention having enough processing power no matter what machine i'm on too (University computers are well past it). ATM that means I have to lug a laptop and charger around with me plus external hard disk. Eventually all our computing power and data storage will be handled by Google.........now i'm terrified xD

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
I love how all these companies keep coming out with more cloud computing while at the same time the ISPs are instating more ridicules bandwidth limits.

This is the same thing as AT&T getting a exclusive iPhone contract and then their network cant handle the traffic. Instead of making a better network they then change your plan. Now the iPhone 4 comes out and they arnt ready for that either.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
@sicundercover

Maybe that's why the big G is getting into internet services with its fiber project. If everyone had fiber at home, caps would pretty much be irrelevant.

qu3becker

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
Thanks god for Transcribe Audio setting in Youtube. Makes this video a bit enjoyable to watch.

"Well no you can't and is really simple" or "... we've got to begin to do with the issues and the added to the time"

jkchang626

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
[citation][nom]AndrewCutter[/nom]i dont know...... it is useful but it is like they are making us use the web for everything..... ummmm[/citation]

It's cloud computing. Having centralized high powered computers to do all the work while you use a simple computer (ie netbook) to get it done. It's similar to workstations in the office. You have a central network of 'supercomputers', and have uber basic computers at each terminal to get the work done. In the end, it costs less since you don't have as much 'idle time' around the office.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
[citation][nom]jkchang626[/nom]It's cloud computing. Having centralized high powered computers to do all the work while you use a simple computer (ie netbook) to get it done. It's similar to workstations in the office. You have a central network of 'supercomputers', and have uber basic computers at each terminal to get the work done. In the end, it costs less since you don't have as much 'idle time' around the office.[/citation]

Didn't we do that in 1950s and 1960s?

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
[citation][nom]AndrewCutter[/nom]i dont know...... it is useful but it is like they are making us use the web for everything..... ummmm[/citation]

for Google Chrome, their shinning new OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.