Youtube/MP4 removing segments of video

Status
Not open for further replies.

headless97

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
This is somewhat hard to explain, so bear with me. I'm making videos for Youtube as a hobby. After hours of editing together images, video footage, and separate audio (using NCH VideoPad Video Editor, if that makes a difference), I have a movie that I save as an .avi. I check the video before uploading and everything is ok. When I upload the video to Youtube, some parts of the video, mostly images, are gone.

The first image of my video disappeared, so I thought the problem was Youtube chopping off the ends of my movie, so I attempted to fix it by adding black screens to the front and back of the movie. Result: the same images are still gone and it turns out that certain images throughout the video are disappearing.

I read that Youtube prefers MP4, so I downloaded a free '.avi to .mp4' converter. I checked the video -before- uploading to Youtube and the exact same images throughout the movie were gone.

This is completely mind boggling and immensely frustrating for me. All of the images are JPEGs. My video is saved at 720p and 30 fps. I'm using Windows 7. I will do my best to provide any more information that you need.

skaz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Wow that is strange. What is showing in place of the missing images while playing on youtube?

My guess is the encoder that your original video editing program used may be the issue, and not the container. Do you know the codec used for the video in question? I recommend using H.264 (x264) video codec.

headless97

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
I've done a lot of testing and gotten many different results, all of which end in Youtube screwing things up. I am using H.264 mostly because VideoPad defaults to it, but it turns out it's good to use.

The first video plays fine as avi using Windows Media Player. Youtube causes it to lose images. Not all images are lost; in their place is the first frame of the next video or the next image. I used a converter to make it mp4 and I start lose the same images and it plays the same as Youtube. I'm recommended to VLC Media Player which plays the mp4 but loses all of the images, replacing them with the last frame of video played.

I learned that VideoPad has issues with large images that can result in missing images when converted to video. I resize the images to less that 720p, as directed, and encounter the same problem. It plays fine on my computer but Youtube loses images.

missking

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
I'm just curious if you found a solution? I am dealing with the same problem, my windows media player or VLC plays the video perfect, I put it on an E disk after converting the file to an mp4 ..always worked for me before.. i added images to music at the end of my home video, and put it on the PS3 to watch... only half my images show up! i resaved it, reconverted it... still, same problem, any ideas? please help! I'm desperate!

headless97

Distinguished
May 25, 2011

I think I did find a solution. Are you using Videopad Video Editor to edit the videos at all? I was using it to make videos for youtube. It turns out it has a problem with images of a higher resolution that the video. So if you have a 1080p image in a 720p video, you'll be able to see it through the editor or using certain video players/formats, but otherwise, the player will skip the image and cause the video to go out of sync with the audio. What's weird is that I tried downsizing the images to no avail. This stupid situation caused me to give up on making videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.