Youtube quality limitation

Andrej_3

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016
Good evening, I am recording, rendering and uploading videos to Youtube for almost a year with the same preset in OBS (recording) and Sony Vegas (editing+rendering), but I have a problem with my latest Youtube video.

Quality never goes up from 360p, even though around 3+ hours passed, since my last upload. I have tried re-uploading, but it didn't work either. For videos of the same length, size and quality it usually took less than an hour to show 720/1080 options.

I have also checked the output file details and it matches other ones (that I've uploaded earlier without quality being limited to 360p).

To sum up, recording preset is the same, rendering preset is the same (codec, frame rate, bit rate, resolution etc), output file details are the same as others that worked flawlessly. Tried re-uploading. Quality stays limited to 360 in different browsers, different networks and different PCs. Any advice where to look for a cause?

Solution
Wait 24 hour, it will improve resolution, I have uploaded many 4k vedios, youtube takes times processing video to its original resolution for streaming original quality.
Feb 15, 2018
Wait 24 hour, it will improve resolution, I have uploaded many 4k vedios, youtube takes times processing video to its original resolution for streaming original quality.

Solution

Andrej_3

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016

I was surprised, but it actually worked on 5+ hour even though for my other 50+ videos it worked withing an hour. It might be a coincident, but it showed 1080 option right after I've uploaded very short part of the biggest video and processed it to check.