Youtube videos won't play when phone is connected to bluetooth speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

boundlessandbare

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
When I play a video on my phone's speakers it works fine. And if I start a video and then switch to the speaker via airplay the video will continue playing.
But if the speaker is already connected and I try to play a new video then it won't load, saying "Video playback error tap to retry." No amount of retrying will work.

It seems like Youtube is prohibiting videos being played on certain audio sources? Or certain kinds of videos (music)?

Is there some way around this?

Solution
Cannot help you work around any copyright infringements if that (knowingly or unknowingly) is what proves to be the problem.

However, if the video failure is just some technical issue then there are things you can do.

Make and model phone? Make and model Bluetooth speaker?

Try playing the "failed" video's via someone else's phone or another computer using the same Bluetooth speaker.

Verify the video formats for videos that work and videos that do not work.

Objective is to narrow down the circumstances that allow the video to play or cause the error.

Cannot help you work around any copyright infringements if that (knowingly or unknowingly) is what proves to be the problem.

However, if the video failure is just some technical issue then there are things you can do.

Make and model phone? Make and model Bluetooth speaker?

Try playing the "failed" video's via someone else's phone or another computer using the same Bluetooth speaker.

Verify the video formats for videos that work and videos that do not work.

Objective is to narrow down the circumstances that allow the video to play or cause the error.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.