YouTube won't play any videos

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samarth1234

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
I use YouTube a lot and since yesterday I have not been able to play videos on any of my devices. On my iPad and iPod touch's YouTube app, I get an error message saying "Video playback error tap to retry." No matter how many times I tap it, I get the same message. On my Windows PC I get a error which says "An error occurred." Any ideas?

Solution
YouTube is a robust platform. It's usually pretty easy to fix a connection issue to the site. You'll first want to clear your browser cache and cookies on your desktop or mobile device. Most of the times this will fix your connection issue.

Another solution would be to go to your control panel and open up internet options.
vfiTM7I.png

0VPYyiP.png

Click on the advanced tab of the internet options window then click on "Restore advanced settings" and "Reset".
ZJegTDR.png

Still having problems check out the tutorial guide by one of our expert moderators.

xDq231x

Estimable
May 6, 2015
Looks like Youtube did an update as seen here, "Certain older YouTube apps will no longer be supported after April 2015"

I had the same issue on a blueray player and my ipod touch. Once again it looks like youtube rolled out an update without telling anyone anything.

Seanvcr

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
Quite simple for me. Was doing the same thing.
Went and scrolled to YouTube on my apps.
The Cellular Data was turned OFF. Switched back ON and I was good to go. Simple

Techh

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
iPad was playing videos early this morning and now it's not playing YouTube or Instagram videos but it does play vine videos. It's just showing a spinning load sign on the YouTube videos but the screen is black with the advertisement logo in the corner of the video.

MOrtegaLA

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015

Just tried what I read earlier, I went to settings and clicked on wifi and reset my wifi by " forget this network" I also cleared all the history on Safari. Then I reconnected to the network , I don't know if it was a one or the other or combination of both.? It worked! Good luck.

jsimenhoff

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016
YouTube is a robust platform. It's usually pretty easy to fix a connection issue to the site. You'll first want to clear your browser cache and cookies on your desktop or mobile device. Most of the times this will fix your connection issue.

Another solution would be to go to your control panel and open up internet options.
vfiTM7I.png

0VPYyiP.png

Click on the advanced tab of the internet options window then click on "Restore advanced settings" and "Reset".
ZJegTDR.png

Still having problems check out the tutorial guide by one of our expert moderators.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.