Zenfone 5 has Bootlooped itself :( Help me PLZ

DaRealPranav

Estimable
Apr 9, 2014
I today got my Zenfone 5 ( A500CG ) on either Android 4.3 or Android 4.4 IDK , actually heres what happened -
I put the device to update and when it was updating , I stupidly was pressing the power up + volume down key ( Im guessing it had effect of just power up , coz bootloader comes wid power up + volume up ) , it then shut down. And BAM , its now hit a frekin bootloop ( I believe it has , coz wen I press power key to turn on , it instead shows ASUS logo , something and then USB logo , all in a 1 second or so )
I'm really pissed with that , and I really am pretty much a noob with Android , so I desperately need help , pls help me. If you know any guide or something , or if you know what I should do , pls let me know.

P.S - In Android Software Recovery , when I wipe data or cache , it just shows some error and it had no effect :(

PLZ HELP MEEEEEEE

DRAndroid

Estimable
Apr 21, 2015

i think factory reset wont work because it only wipes user data partition and not /system partition, where the problem more likely exists.

by the way, if u connect your phone to the pc in switched off state, then press power button for a second, the usb screen shows up now without switching off.

Jun 1, 2015

This is exactly what's happening to my phone now... is flashing the only solution??