Zepto ransomware solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

unregistered tech

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
Guys, I have problem from today. All word and excel files are zepto extension. A computer isolated from the network and I need solution now to remove this stuff.
I have many ideas on mind, from safe mode and all antivirus programs/ hiren'sboot/ but I have not tried anything so far.

Solution
The programme you downloaded will have wiped any earlier Restore Points.

My advice to prevent recurrence of this is to use an external disk to save all new files on. In cases I've worked on even sticks or external disks have been plugged in to the affected PC, haven't been included in the attack.

The safest place for those disks when not in use is away from the PC and in a fireproof box
Is your Volume Shadow Copy Service shown as running and to start automatically in the Services list in Control Panel>Administrative Tools?

If it is, you might be able to recover the copies of your files but you'll need to use a utility to do so. Recuva is a good one from www.piriform.com.

Don't part with any money to get a decryption key - the blackmailers don't bother to send them even if you do pay.

unregistered tech

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
I find him with Malwarebytes from Safe mode, delete. Check with HitmanPro and Bitdefender. All files WORD cut from HDD to usb and wait for solution in few months. 01:12 I'm trying to find something with Recuva, Data Rescue 3, Easy Data Recovery , Remo Recovery, Get Data Back and Seagate File Recovery. I have many lost word files, only 20 minutes atack, files are modified in that time interval.

ps I was no lucky with Shadow Copy Previous Version of files, or standard Windows Backup. I have only on restore point. Not my PC.

The programme you downloaded will have wiped any earlier Restore Points.

My advice to prevent recurrence of this is to use an external disk to save all new files on. In cases I've worked on even sticks or external disks have been plugged in to the affected PC, haven't been included in the attack.

The safest place for those disks when not in use is away from the PC and in a fireproof box

Solution
Lucky you joined Tom's today and made this your very first post. Your shadowexplorer is useless after the event and the link to a load of incoherent half-English is a trap.

It's also lucky that I can spot Spam a mile off so it's deletion time for your post and your acount, sonny.

Status
Not open for further replies.