Zonealarm free firewall identity and data glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericestrella

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
Hey guys I have been using Zonealarm for my firewall for a while now. But just recently I've noticed that everytime I boot up my pc the firewall part is on but I have to manually click on identity and data. This has been happening very recently for me. At first I thought maybe I could fix it by uninstalling it and reinstalling but that didn't help. Can anyone please help me, I also have scanned my computer through malwarebytes anti-malware as well as my avast free antivirus and both say there is nothing wrong.

PS By the "firewall part is on but I manually click on identity and data" thing, I mean that when I open up Zonealarm security the firewall says protected but the identity and data part says FIX NOW and then I click FIX NOW and it then says protected.

PSS I don't think this happens every single time I boot up the PC but it still happens quite a bit.

ericestrella

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
Alright everyone, don't worry I actually called a professional and it turns out this is completely normal. Sometimes the Identity and Data thing will be automatically turned on, sometimes it will need to be clicked on when you boot up your PC. Turns out nothing to be worried about, and like I said even though I have to occasionally click on it, it has not brought an damage whatsoever. Everything runs normally, runs as fast as it could possibly go, and no threats detect when I use Malwarebytes, whether I have to click on it or if I don't have to click on it and it just activates that by itself.

Just consider this thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.