Solved! ZTE Maven z812 (the first Maven) is freezing before it can start up

Apr 17, 2018
My Maven froze while I was using it last night, and after waiting a while for it to right itself, I tried to turn it off. Held the power button, and it restarted... kind of. It keeps freezing on the ZTE title screen before it can do anything else, and it can't really even turn off, just restart in this same cycle. It's unresponsive to USB connection, and doesn't seem to be actually charging at all, even after I drained the battery.
Any help please!!??

Solution
It kind of sounds like you got something you don't want on the phone. Bad app, virus, malware, etc. Try starting in "Safe Mode" and see if it will. I know you set it won't fully turn off, however you did say it will restart. That should be good enough to try this.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
It kind of sounds like you got something you don't want on the phone. Bad app, virus, malware, etc. Try starting in "Safe Mode" and see if it will. I know you set it won't fully turn off, however you did say it will restart. That should be good enough to try this.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
Apr 17, 2018

I did try that, but it seems like the window of time between starting and when it freezes is too short. But I'll keep trying, maybe I can get it to boot. Thanks!