Zuckerberg Confesses to IMs, Facebook is Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]plznote[/nom]Who cares???[/citation]

Quite a lot of people who were concerned about the privacy of the information they post on facebook after news of those IMs hit. And you obviously don't care, so why did you bother taking the time to write a post on this story?

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
As for why Facebook is blue, Zuckerberg said that he's red-green color-blind. The interior of his house is painted with various shades of beige and blue save for the kitchen, which is decorated in a vibrant yellow. For Zuckerberg, blue is the richest color to his eyes. "I can see all of blue," he said.

I just figured because everything else is blue these days... including the case fans on my Antec 900

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]Quite a lot of people who were concerned about the privacy of the information they post on facebook after news of those IMs hit. And you obviously don't care, so why did you bother taking the time to write a post on this story?[/citation]
He doesn't care so much that he had to post to make sure we know he doesn't care.

It could destroy facebook if the users thought that a higher up in Facebook would use any info that they have and share it publicly. I for one, don't want to bother with Facebook as I don't feel comfortable putting my info on the site anyway.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]Quite a lot of people who were concerned about the privacy of the information they post on facebook after news of those IMs hit. And you obviously don't care, so why did you bother taking the time to write a post on this story?[/citation]
There is NO PRIVACY ON THE INTERNET. Don't be naive.

[citation][nom]Haserath[/nom] I for one, don't want to bother with Facebook as I don't feel comfortable putting my info on the site anyway.[/citation]
+1000. QFT. Same here. Well said.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]There is NO PRIVACY ON THE INTERNET.[/citation]

I know.

[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Don't be naive.[/citation]

I'm not. There are a lot of people that are, though, and even though it's stupid to expect that something you put up on a social networking site won't be read by all sorts of creepsters you never wanted to publish it to, that doesn't mean that those people don't want to know about things like this. That's all I was pointing out.

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I think that he is trying to prepare for the imminent backblash that will come against him and facebook when the movie is released. It will hurt them in $$$. A lot of people, especially women who live on facebook aren't aware of Mark's negative past.

If you are going to use facebook:

1. Make sure your profile is private.
2. Don't allow it to access our location on your smartphone.
3. Don't post anything that can come back to bite you, for eg. Don't say that you are faking a sickie for work etc.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
typical business practices applied to internet business practices
any and all information you post is subject to terms and agreements with the ownership at that time. ownership always reserves the rights to change terms at any time at their discrection, everybody loves to copy the banking industry and their dirty practices of changing terms and agreement all the time to their direct benefit.
you know that those terms and agreements ARE going to change just as soon as the company gets bought and all information caontained at said time of purchase and before can be used/sold as well as any new information from that point on, it's not like your information is trademarked or patented by yourself. you think i'm pulling this out of my rear end? go the microcenters website, and read the disclaimer about former circuit city subscribers. this is the the first one that came off the top of my head mind you.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Can I say it??? Can I say it??? OK, I will..."Facebook users are dumbf#cks"[/citation]

I think not. That is a gross over-grouping of millions of people. YES. Some people will put their entire lives on Facebook and make themselves *extremely* vulnerable to any sort of stalking or identity theft. HOWEVER there are plenty of people who use the site for general socialization and catching up with people from separate friend groups. All it takes is a sensible approach to what you post and allow to travel through your profile. Do I allow Facebook to know my location via my phone? NO. And do I put anything on Facebook that I REALLY care about? Not at all. It's you're own choice, you don't have to condemn everyone who chooses otherwise.

G

How long will facebook last? until some1 else come out, i kno this month we had a few promising launch, diaspora coming out end of this month, kitwit.com from canada got launch they look solid, pip.io rlease their 2.0 version, but i personally believe facebook will stay for long and will be a competitor to google

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]brendano257[/nom]I think not. That is a gross over-grouping of millions of people. YES. Some people will put their entire lives on Facebook and make themselves *extremely* vulnerable to any sort of stalking or identity theft. HOWEVER there are plenty of people who use the site for general socialization and catching up with people from separate friend groups. All it takes is a sensible approach to what you post and allow to travel through your profile. Do I allow Facebook to know my location via my phone? NO. And do I put anything on Facebook that I REALLY care about? Not at all. It's you're own choice, you don't have to condemn everyone who chooses otherwise.[/citation]
[citation][nom]brendano257[/nom]I think not. That is a gross over-grouping of millions of people. YES. Some people will put their entire lives on Facebook and make themselves *extremely* vulnerable to any sort of stalking or identity theft. HOWEVER there are plenty of people who use the site for general socialization and catching up with people from separate friend groups. All it takes is a sensible approach to what you post and allow to travel through your profile. Do I allow Facebook to know my location via my phone? NO. And do I put anything on Facebook that I REALLY care about? Not at all. It's you're own choice, you don't have to condemn everyone who chooses otherwise.[/citation]
Well if you're keeping score, Mark Zuckerberg was the one that called Facebook users this in the first place. He is right, some users are but not all. Plus, a lot of members on this site have been sticking it to Mark because of this comment he made. Really, yes the whole problem is, people need to realize they aren't having private conversations with someone and that ALL of their friends will see what they post. It's like they don't think when in doubt, use a phone or a private blog.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Zuckerberg you can go f*** yourself dude. Just for apologising for something that you cant hide from doesnt make you mature neither changes the prick you have been ever since NOR the fact that you leaked info that you werent allowed to do so.

If you ask me you are an even bigger one cause ever since you have only made more money. That was just enough to prove you evolved into someone worse.

atk0309

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Manos[/nom]If you ask me you are an even bigger one cause ever since you have only made more money. That was just enough to prove you evolved into someone worse.[/citation]

Sooo making money makes you an a$$hole ? Damn I can feel the poor man hate in here.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]atk0309[/nom]Sooo making money makes you an a$$hole ? Damn I can feel the poor man hate in here.[/citation]

Reality is not something people can easily accept.

Money isn't good or bad, it's inanimate. It takes on the persona of it's wielder. How people manage to screw that up, I don't know, but hey since when have people been known to be logical?

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Can I say it??? Can I say it??? OK, I will..."Facebook users are dumbf#cks"[/citation]

Thought you were going to make a Crysis joke...

Status
Not open for further replies.