Zuckerberg: Google+ is Just a "Little Version of Facebook"

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I deleted my Facebook account, I think that says enough.

G

@del35 : neither of them are trust-able anyway. How could anyone trust on Google+ or Facebook...

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
come on you gotta trust google more than facebook. google has the best software engineers.. and remember the quote from mark where he couldnt believe how people were so stupid and just gace all their information to his website.. i cant find it!!

tulx

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Wonderful. Another mudslinging duo on the internet, as if BF3 v MW3, AMD v Intel, AMD v Nvidia, Xbox v PS and Apple v common sense weren't enough.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Google + is good, but the problem i find with it is the majority of my friends still use facebook. If i want to communicate with them or look at their posts etc etc i have to go on facebook. I really only use google plus when i'm bored at work because it's not blocked.

how many others are in the same situation?

Also, perhaps google should look at the mass migration from Bebo and myspace to facebook and see how they managed that.

hallic7

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Goldengoose[/nom]Google + is good, but the problem i find with it is the majority of my friends still use facebook. If i want to communicate with them or look at their posts etc etc i have to go on facebook. I really only use google plus when i'm bored at work because it's not blocked.[/citation]

Same situation here... I hope more users move to g+ like the Dalai Lama did :D

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
He is partially true, but the fact is that Google+ will eventually grow larger. Then he will probably say that Google+ is a huge facebook!

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Google+ is what facebook SHOULD be. Zuckerberg is just a jealous asshole. he's seeing all people that actually know what goes at facebook bleed his user base dry. eventually once the word spreads facebook will be a ghost town. With that said it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that G+ is the superior product. easier integration with your web presence given that gmail is becoming the standard as well as being able to easily sort people into circles and share what you want with who you want is beautiful. The new FB UI allows it somewhat by using lists but with that said they introduced it so late in the game that most users have far too many friends to sift through and sort for it to be effective. Google saw that the circles concept was good and used it from the get go which will make things much easier.

in conclusion get off your high horse Mark and realize your prize pig website will soon be headed to the slaughterhouse and Google plus will simply feast on the meats which will flow forth in the abandoning user base.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
social networks are stupid. facebook does too much and i dont trust either network which is why i choose to use none!

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
[citation][nom]tulx[/nom] Apple v common sense[/citation]

That made me lol.

As far as social networking is concerned, I dont trust any of them...I trust Google, but you will not find me on Google+.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
[citation][nom]tulx[/nom]PS and Apple v common sense weren't enough.[/citation]

I see what you did there...

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]overclockingrocks[/nom]Google+ is what facebook SHOULD be. Zuckerberg is just a jealous asshole. he's seeing all people that actually know what goes at facebook bleed his user base dry[/citation]
Show us some stats, how many people use Facebook and how many use Google+ ?

When you post the answers, which I already know because i've done the research, it will become abundantly clear that Zuckerberg is not jealous and his userbase is not being bled dry.

Here's a quick preview, Facebook users outnumber Google+ users by more than 100 to 1.

If in a few years those number approach parity then there is a real competition, when they overtake them and have more users then you can call Zuckerberg jealous, until then he is quit right in calling them "little".

AerieC

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]come on you gotta trust google more than facebook. google has the best software engineers.. and remember the quote from mark where he couldnt believe how people were so stupid and just gace all their information to his website.. i cant find it!![/citation]

You gotta remember, though, he was 19 when he said that. Facebook was Harvard-only, and he had no clue what it would later become.

What would you say if you were 19, and you made a little, dorky website that you thought would probably go nowhere, and all of a sudden, people are submitting personal information and details by the thousands. I'm pretty sure my reaction would have been the same: "lol, these people are stupid."

In fact, that's still my reaction to people posting shit to facebook without realizing the potential impact it could have.

I have facebook "friends" that I don't really know that well (e.g. acquaintances from college classes, people I met once or twice at a party, etc.). I generally don't want these people to know my phone number, ergo, I don't post my phone number to facebook. I won't even mention the home address field.

People see a place to put their phone number or their home address on their facebook profile and they fill it out. They don't stop to think whether they should; it's there, so they provide it willingly. Then they complain when some creeper shows up at their house in the middle of the night, and they blame facebook.

Facebook and/or Google+ can implement all the privacy features/controls/safeguards they want. It won't prevent stupid people from doing stupid things.

To quote a wise man, "You can't fix stupid."

wardler

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]tulx[/nom]Wonderful. Another mudslinging duo on the internet, as if BF3 v MW3, AMD v Intel, AMD v Nvidia, Xbox v PS and Apple v common sense weren't enough.[/citation]
Still lul'ing over that last one!! ahahahaha

junnyeen

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I wouldn't mind the switch to Google+ but getting others to move as well is the problem. That and the many pictures/videos that only exist on Facebook alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.