Zune HD Prices Leaked; $290 for 32 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
i'm excited over this upgraded Zune...

i had ipod nano and liked scroll wheel but it just didn't have anything extra besides playing music...

i would like full-featured music player and didn't want to get another ipod due to lack of FM radio and expensive add-ons....

G

I'm surprised at the price tag!!! It's good because the Touch has half the memory that you are paying the Zune HD which has 16GB. The only thing I still ask myself is: do I need to install the big zune software to operate it? Other than that, I think I might get one!

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
thats a pretty nice price considering the 32gb ipod touch is an insanely $400. can't believe how an extra 24GB can be $180 more. and im glad the zune hd doesn't have a camera. cellphones,digital cameras, portable gaming devices, and mp3 players are all integrating to be one device.

icanhashardware

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Machine King[/nom]The only thing I still ask myself is: do I need to install the big zune software to operate it? Other than that, I think I might get one![/citation]

I would take the Zune software over iTunes any day! IMO it provides much better media management than iTunes, and has better performance on a Windows machine.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I wonder when the Apple fanbois will come bitching. I bet they will complain about how bad HD radio was 4 years ago and therefore hd radios are useless. So behind the times...

G

I'm gonna buy it. I was gonna get a new iTouch, but nVidia Tegra? dang, Zune HD all the way!

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom]It looks great, but I have a habit of dropping stuff like that into beer. I destroyed a $1200 camera that way once; I'm now wary about carrying expensive tech around. (especially at bachelor parties)[/citation]

Talking about destroying tech products. I have a habit of throwing cellphones into wash machines. Two in this year so far. That's part of the reason why I prefer heavier and bulkier gadgets in general.

kelfen

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
I'm seriosly tempted if I can round up the extra doh! playing movies in 720p would be great especially when I'm going on long road trips; seems like a great investment

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I've been holding off buying a new media player since my old once died, so the near $300 price tag doesn't phase me a bit. The Zune HD appears to have everything that I want in a media player: good quality video with a decent size screen, good quality play back (and, of course all the usual MP3 player bells and whistles), HD radio, wi-fi, etc. The only thing that would make it better is if it were also a cell phone; then I would only have to carry one device.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
Im currently in the market for a new player. I have a iPod 5th gen 30GB but its getting run down and ive already replaced the battery twice. Im actuall pretty sick of iTunes and i have been using the newest Zune software.

I have to say they have made alot of improvements since I first checked it out. Its actually pretty impressive. I started using it for my home theater because iTunes doesnt integrate over my network, but Zune works great with my HTPC, My sons Xbox 360, and my 360. All from my main in my bedroom.

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
im definently getting one, but ima wait and see if there are any sales before the hollidays and to see if there is anything wrong with the initial launch product.

danish_2828

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I'm in for one. I've been waiting for this for sometime now. I have HD radio in my car and I love it. I'd get it just for being a portable HD radio. That and it having a touch screen OLED display (new technology and awesome on powersaving). Ever since Zune updated firmware and marketplace I've enjoyed it even more. I think I listen to music less and watch and listen to podcast even more. Now if only they could get books on tape.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]P_haze420[/nom]32gb?! That's nothing to me, sorry.I have over 50gb of music on my computer and still rising.[/citation]

So what's your solution, Mister Big Spender (I'll assume you rip your own CDs)? Pair a couple of iPods in a raid 0 array? Carry a Netbook with headphones?

For me, the Zune HD might be the next big thing, especially with that price tag!

Status
Not open for further replies.