Syncing Netflix to work with Chromecast is one of the highlight features of the service. If Netflix is refusing to connect with Chromecast, then try out the below fixes. All of them are simple to do and require very little technical expertise.
Remove Special Characters
Any special characters in the Chromecast name will cause issues. The Netflix app will have trouble seeing it as long as those characters remain in the name. Removing the special characters and going with a default name will resolve future issues.
1. Go to the devices tab and find the Chromecast device you want to rename.
2. To the right of the name there are three dots. Tap it to reveal the options.
3. A drop down menu will appear. Choose the last option, Device settings.
4.The first option you’ll see in the new menu is the current name. Tap it and then select OK after changing the name.
Update The OS
Android releases frequent updates to address bugs and app compatibility. Within these updates are also a lot of new features that may conflict with apps that use a lot of data. Updates require time to download so the battery needs to be at an adequate level.
1. Touch the download button when the notification pops up.
2. Once downloaded, if the battery is too low it will prompt for the charger. Follow the onscreen instructions and plug in a compatible charger.
3. Keep the charger plugged in through the entire process. The phone will reboot several times and finish the update.
Using legacy versions of Netflix locks users out of new features. If updates aren’t set to automatic, then updating manually will get the job done.
1. Open the Play Store
2. Select the menu icon that looks like three lines in the upper left hand corner
3. Choose My apps and games
4. Choose the update button by the Netflix app to upgrade it the latest version.
Updating Chrome requires relaunching the browser. This missed step will prevent the browser from updating to the latest version.
1. Open Chrome
2. Click the menu that looks like three dots in the upper right hand corner of Chrome
3. Select the relaunch button to finish the update
Check The Network
Chromecast needs to be on the same network as the device using Netflix. With a different network, the casting feature won’t work and it will refuse to connect.
1. Open the Chromecast app
2. Select the Chromecast device settings you want to check
3. Look at the detailed device information on the next screen and make sure the Wi-Fi networks match up with the device it is streaming to.